cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tech support for the elderly

Hockeybear
Joining in

I wanted to ask if Virgin Media as a dedicated team to help the elderly troubleshoot problems. I have a friend in her late 70s who can't access her email. She has an ntlworld address. Her husband (in his 80s) has spent hours on the phone and said the person providing phone support was getting ratty with him because he simply couldn't understand the instructions. They are the sort of people who don't have a smartphone.
My friend has been without email for 9-10 days and I don't think she will be able to sort the problem herself.

My VM email got disabled last year and resurrecting it was a nerve-shredding, convoluted process for me with a passable level of technical know-how. I can't imagine how my friend is going to sort it out.

1 REPLY 1

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Hockeybear,

Welcome back to the community and thanks for taking the time to post. I’m sorry to hear of the issues that your friends are having with their email account, unfortunately, we dont have a dedicated team to help elderly customers, all the customer service agents should be able to help any customer with their queries and please pass on our apologies to your friends for how they were spoken to on the phone. We can try our best to help from here but we can only do so much without speaking to the account holder. Lets get started with a few questions that we can ask in the open forum. Is your friend a current customer of ours with an active broadband connection? What happens, when they try to login, are there any error messages? 

Have they tried to use the 'Forgotten Password' link at all? 

Kind Regards,

Steven_L