Menu
nutrilink
Joining in
Message 1 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Spam content found

Hi,

I have been using Campaign Monitor to send newsletters for many years, and lately all my Virgin Media subscribers cannot receive my emails. Virgin servers reply with: "Spam content found"

This is strange, because I have been emailing these addresses for a long time with similar content. Recipients have actively opened and read my campaigns, also clicked on links. I have plenty of data to prove it. Last activity was reported in August. Ever since all emails are bounced off and my subscribers are asking to be resubscribed, but I am not able to send to them.

What can I do to restore my connection with these subscribers? It's nearly 100 addresses at:

- ntlworld.com
- blueyonder.co.uk
- virgin.net
- virginmedia.com

I have followed the guidelines from this post but it hasn't changed anything. Emails are still bounced off.

Please advise,
Kate

0 Kudos
J0hn
Super solver
Message 2 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Re: Spam content found

The simple answer is to open an email account with a different email provider, gmail, yahoo, live or one of the many others who dont have the indescribable issues Virgin email accounts have.

You can then copy all of your email contacts over, set an out of office on the Virgin email so any incoming get your new email address by default, and at the same time you move away from a service that you will loose if and when you leave virgin media

Back on track, have you read Ravenstar's great post?

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ravenstar-s-Email-FAQ-s/td-p/3169662
0 Kudos
nutrilink
Joining in
Message 3 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi J0hn,

Thanks for your suggestion. I am not sure if I can really tell nearly 100 people to drop their preferred emails and use new ones. Doesn't sound right. Especially, that the communication was successful for few years thus far.

I have read the post you linked too. Seems like 'Ravenstar68' has proposed a solution to my exact problem (Non Delivery of emails to Virgin Customers)

But similarly, I would need to ask nearly 100 people to follow this instruction. Not best for my kind of audience, but it is a last resort, I am glad to see.

thanks!

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi nutrilink, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with emails bouncing. 

Please pop across the header of the failed sent email, which should be included as an attachment in the failed delivery notification/ bounce back message. Send it to me via PM (Purple Envelope, top right hand corner) and we'll take it from there. 

Speak to you soon.

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

nutrilink
Joining in
Message 5 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi Emma,
I have sent you the headers yesterday.
Look forward to your findings.
Thanks,
Kate
0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 6
Flag for a moderator

Hi nutrilink, 

Thanks for getting back in touch. As soon as I hear back from the post master on ref F004838709 I will let you know Smiley Happy

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide