Menu
HFR
Joining in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Spam Found rejection

Hi there, I organise the transactional emails for a small grou  These emails are being blocked by ntlworld, blueyonder and virginmail email address and marked as spam content found. Example message is:

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.
A message that you sent could not be delivered to one or more of its recipients. This is a permanent error. The following address(es) failed:

***************@ntlworld.com
host mx.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net [212.54.58.11]

SMTP error from remote mail server after end of data:
554 5.2.0 3mgm1u01G378eAU01mgn7F Spam content found

Is there any way this can be fixed?

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Spam Found rejection

Hi HFR,

Thanks for you post, and we’re sorry to read that you’re experiencing difficulty with our email service.

Please could you read this article: Email Spam Content Found

When you’ve followed the instructions there, post back on this thread, or start a new one, and confirm that you have checked the required settings and are still experiencing the problem.

One of our Forum Team will then get back to you in due course.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos

All Replies
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Hi HFR,

Thanks for you post, and we’re sorry to read that you’re experiencing difficulty with our email service.

Please could you read this article: Email Spam Content Found

When you’ve followed the instructions there, post back on this thread, or start a new one, and confirm that you have checked the required settings and are still experiencing the problem.

One of our Forum Team will then get back to you in due course.

Many thanks.

0 Kudos
HFR
Joining in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi, We have checked the various settings as described in your article as below and believe our content meets your requirements:

DKIM Records

We have enabled the DKIM records for the domain highflyersracing.com. Please confirm it from the below screen shot link

http://prnt.sc/d30avg

SPF Records

The SPF records are resolving fine for the domain highflyersracing.com

$ host -t txt highflyersracing.com
highflyersracing.com descriptive text "v=spf1 ip4:212.113.132.180 ip4:212.113.144.144 +a +mx +ip4:212.113.144.144 ~all"

IP Address Black Listing

Our mail server IP address is currently not blacklisted in any blacklist databases. Please confirm it from the following link

http://mxtoolbox.com/SuperTool.aspx?action=blacklist%3a212.113.144.144&run=toolpage

We are still experiencing the problem of "Spam Found" rejection.

Best regards

HFR

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

@HFR

While it's good you've published your SPF record, the record itself could be cleaned up to make it more efficient.

For example you have two occurrences of the same IP address

highflyersracing.com descriptive text "v=spf1 ip4:212.113.132.180 ip4:212.113.144.144 +a +mx +ip4:212.113.144.144 ~all"

Also note that SPF designates IP addresses of servers used for outbound mail, so you should ask yourself,

Does my outbound mail use different IP's to my inbound mail?
Does my mail leave my network using a different IP address to my A record?

Looking at your mx records it looks as if the answer to the first question is yes.  If so you can ditch the +mx
If the answer to the second question is yes then you can ditch the +a

finally the + specifies allow the IP addresses indicated by the entry.  So even if you use the a and mx entries a better record would be.

"v=spf1 ip4:212.113.132.180 ip4:212.113.144.144 a mx ~all"

Although as stated if you consider the questions above it might even be possible to remove the a and mx altogether leaving

"v=spf1 ip4:212.113.132.180 ip4:212.113.144.144 ~all"

Edit - While not necessary - streamlining your SPF record makes it more friendly, as the above actually ends up using no extra DNS lookups and means that the mail exchangers aren't querying mechanisms that aren't actually in use.

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

HFR
Joining in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks very much for your guidance on this! We do however still have the SPM COMNTENT FOUND problem!
0 Kudos
HFR
Joining in
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

confirm that I have checked the required settings and I am are still experiencing the problem.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi HFR,

Sorry that we've not reached before now but thank you for following the advice offered by the Moderation team and ravenstar68.

I should like to view the full header of the bounced back mail with a view to escalating to Postmaster for further investigation. Please reply to my PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) and I'll get this progressed for you.

Thank you for visiting our Forum for help with this, hopefully we'll get the matter resolved to your satisfaction.

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos
mark700
Joining in
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I had this, I deleted all messages out of virgin email as it was full and all was well.

0 Kudos