cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Secondary email account

greysofa1
Joining in

Hello,

Can anyone help me get into my secondary account. 3 days ago, suddenly stopped working, no problem with the others. I have been going around in circles trying to get it going, I am 79 not very knowledgeable of computers but use it for ordering my meds etc, so don't know what emails I have had come from the surgery. It won't accept my email or password when I enter. I rang up yesterday but was told there was still problems with blueyonder.email and to use my Gmail account till it was sorted. But no problems with my others so can't understand it and don't think that is it.  Checked for service problems in area but all working fine. Thank you for reading 

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@greysofa1 wrote:

Hello Can anyone help me get into my secondary account. 3 days ago suddenly stopped working,

In order to offer the right advice it would be useful to know the exact error message that you are getting when you try to access the account. But remove your email address if it is part of the error message.

Also as this is a secondary email account it would be useful if you could check to see it is still linked to you Primary VM account. To do that:

• Sign  into your Primary My Virgin Media account (Where you voew your VM bills and package details using your Primary email address in this link  https://www.virginmedia.com/my-virgin-media 
  • Then click on the Account Settings box and then the Account Details box
  • Then scroll down the Account Details page and click on Manage other Virgin Media accounts
  • Look down the list of accounts and see if your secondary email address is listed.

Post back with the  error message and whether your secondary account is listed in your Primary account.

By the way, I am sorry to say this but, the response you received that "there was still problems  with blueyonder.email and to use my gmail account"  sounds as if they were just spinning you a story to get you off the line as quickly as possible without them having to do anything.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you very much for your reply. I have just done what you said and the email address is missing off my account now. I have had it for 40 years I should think. It is in constant use and was working fine until the night before last. I also think I was fobbed off on the phone as my others work fine . Any help will be gratefully received 

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@greysofa1 wrote:

the email address is missing off my account now.

Thanks for coming back with that update. If this secondary account is missing from the list on your primary account that means that it is not attached to your VM broadband account,

The most likely reason for that is that it was set up under an earlier VM broadband account that is now closed.  For whatever reason that email account was not moved over to your current VM broadband account.

I have had it for 40 years I should think. It is in constant use and was working fine

Yes, it would not have been obvious the account was not linked unless you physically checked the primary account - as you have just done. However, VM should have deleted the email account 90 days after the VM broadband account that it was originally linked to was closed. That's what the BB contracts have always said but in reality they often did not get round to doing that. VM stopped issuing new email accounts in May 2022 and since then they have stepped up the process of deleting old VM email accounts that are not linked to a live BB account.

On the other hand there may be another reason this email account has disappeared.

The Forum Team (VM staff who support this forum) should be able to check this out for you. One of them will contact you via this thread, although the Bank Holiday weekend means that that may take a bit longer than usual.  I'll keep an eye on this thread and escalate it to them if necessary.

You will have to answer some security questions so they can be sure that you are the VM account holder before they can make any changes to the account. Hopefully that will be a formality.

I hope it does get sorted.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you, I having been using it since telewest first came out and it is my main account that I use everyday for all my shopping etc as well. I am pretty sure it was there before because I had to generate a password for my phone. Thats not very good if they have just deleted it without giving any warning. Thank you I hope they can sort it. 

Hi @greysofa1, thank you for your posts.

We're sorry to hear about the problem you've been having when trying to access your secondary e-mail account 😔

In order to look into this for you further, we'll send you a private message on here. Look out for the envelope in the top right-hand corner.

If you're on a portable device with a smaller screen, click on the icon in the top right-hand corner and select "messages" from the additional menu options.

Thank you for your support @coenoby 👍

Regards,
Daniel