Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Making Waves
dobz32

Re: Problems with setting up NTLWORLD E-mail on iPad

This issue has drove me mad since Christmas with both an iPad 1 and iPad 2. Here's the answer to you prayers. http://www.solve.uk.com/blog/how-to-setup-ntl-world-email-on-an-ipad.htm
Please use plain text.
Crafty
Kerry_H

Hi Kevtom

Thanks for letting us know that it's sorted, and thanks to pcarmic for the help.

Regards

Kerry H
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Got a problem? Check for faults online with our service status and fault checker.

If you are new to the forum, please remember to search the forum before posting your question. Please don't send private messages directly to the forum team unless they ask you to, post your issue to the forum first.
Please use plain text.
Making Waves
SiadwellSnr

And it seems to work with ipad2. Having got nowhere talking to a guy from virgin I paid 60 quid on virgin's suggestion to get advice from from myvmfix.com. Spent ages with online chat from my PC. Worked for a while in the UK but not in the USA. As I don't travel with my PC tried downloading myvmfix software to my ipad2 only to find that it is not supported!
Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
The_Dexy

Fantastic.......not only have you sorted out problem on iPad but also on HTC phone which I have had for a year and never been able to find an answer that worked. Thanks for posting!
Please use plain text.
Bright Spark
mikeybird

I relied on 12 years of DIGITAL BROADBAND services, with plenty of outages, all bearable, when learning that no service for a day, or two weeks, will be restored, if you wait, dangling. Just watch the cable modem lights, and it'll all be OK eventually. Maybe the lazy gits would go & enjoy the weekend, and get onto local power services and relay servers going again. My original email address has been my lifeblood of communication, as the phone number you can't afford to lose or to have it changed. Both have been drilled into my brain from day one. I don't forget any ID or password, and don't want 'em to change.

I tried using iPad for receiving and sending mails. Simple to config the same address and password when connected at home wi-fi, but not sure if I wanted to collect or send messages differently between iPad or Mac Mail client - might get confused. I use home desktop for mail only. I could get messages and reply from a mate's connection, using iPad.

Annoying failure over the years persist when Apple Mail prompts for the password - it's ridiculous because I know them, and so does the application. I've learnt to ignore retyping - a waste of time. It's a brief server failure. Leave some time and the application will keep checking until the POP and SMTP are back up.

This week is very different. With disabled access, the server refuses access. I'll have thousands of messages backlogged. What now? 

Looking at MyVirginMedia,  there's a new email address to use for ebilling and... WHAT!! I got all emails from Virgin to my original email address. My original email address is shown below, as 

the HOME icon - contact email. That's the one I need. It's dysfunctional. No webmail. No client access. It times out, getting refused.  Did NTL staff change the password or erase it so I can't login to pop.ntlworld.com any more - account set to DEAD. It's no bill issue. Monthly Direct Debit. Paying for no service.

All day spent on the phone calling 151 to 'call centre', headset people who never learnt how to speak. I hear shouting & screaming in my ear, sounding like someone with a megaphone in a riot, and I never get a second to say a word, or hear any words coming out of their mouth. Maybe they've lost their teeth, or tongue?

I thought Virgin was about communication

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
psegieth

Excellent. Just the way it should be done. Thanks

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
DavrosWilson

Despite having SUCCEEDED!!!! in setting up an ntlworld account on an ipad2 I find the problem is my success will not last.  Obviously I checked my work after setting up the account but now a few hours afterwards the account will receive but not send.  A similar account on an ipad4 is still working though not sure for how long.

The advice I saw about setting airplane mode while setting up the account worked really well.

the only explanation I can find to this supposedly technical problem is that virginmedia is nobbling us so we clear off and get gmail addresses.  Go on then VM, deny it.

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Emma_K

Hi DavrosWilson, 

I'm glad to see that you succeeded in setting up your NTL account on the iPad2. 

It sounds like you may have been caught up in the issue we've raised here

Have a look through the thread, but it does sound like a similar issue. Once we have any more updates on that fault ticket we'll be updating that thread with more information. We're doing it that way so we can try and keep all of the information in  the same place. 

I hope this helps. 

Let us know how you get on. 

Thank you

Emma

Emma_K
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.