Menu
gwb67
On our wavelength
Message 21 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Re: Problem with virgin.net e-mail

Yes I get that screen too as well as a few others.

I've had these issues since they moved from G Mail to their own webmail, which was some time ago.

It's bordering on ridiculous that this is still ongoing. My mother who also has a virgin.net address, has lost many emails in the past because it just wiped her inbox.

Poor.

RETDPMSO
Tuning in
Message 22 of 32
Flag for a moderator

I have gotten so frustrated with the ongoing problems I today posted yet another letter of complaint.

Prior to doing this I even went to my local library and logged on via one of their computers just to make sure it was not my computer or system that was the problem.   I use a Mac and safari, the library has Window 10.  Guess what exactly the same problems e.g messages aying I had logged out, slow connection to virgin mail etc etc.

This is bordering on ridiculous with these issues ongoing since Nov2016.

I also note a total abscence of Jen-A monitoring this section and responding, maybe Virgin do not want to acknowledge the issue.

gwb67
On our wavelength
Message 23 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Quite agree. It's a joke.

I noticed too that Jen-A had not commented, so sent her a message. All I got was a reply from Virgin telling me off for contacting staff directly. 

I replied and told them why, but they've not responded.

I'll write a letter myself soon as like you say, they're not interested in fixing this.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 24 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hello All

I am sorry that the intermittent webmail access issues are still ongoing. In the meantime using a client is often the best workaround and it may well be worth a try.

If you already have Outlook then please consider using that. If not then an open source free client such as Thunderbird can be very good.

The below links should help with set-up.

Using Virgin Media Mail with Mail Clients

Email Settings for all Virgin Media domains 

If  you prefer to use webmail then refreshing the screen (when confronted with 2 loading dots) will sometimes allow access (press F5 on your keypad to refresh and repeat if necessary).

Thank you for your patience

PS @RETDPMSO I notice that you already have a complaint open so apologies but until that is resolved we will be unable to assist personally via the forum.

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 25 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Nicola_C wrote:

PS @RETDPMSO I notice that you already have a complaint open so apologies but until that is resolved we will be unable to assist personally via the forum.

So complainers are punished by having  support removed ?

I trust the relevant regulators are aware and approving.. seems discriminatory to me ( and that's the most polite term I cound think of ) 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 26 of 32
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

@cybmole

You could take it that way.  Or you could actually appreciate that if the complaints team is handling his issue directly then Nicola can't intervene in case she "steps on their toes" as it were.

I'm sure that she'd still be happy to assist if he needed assistance with an unrelated matter.

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 27 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Hello cybmole

Appreciate what you are saying but while a complaint is open the Virgin Media owner of the complaint is fully responsible for dealing directly with the customer about the issue. It is exactly like Tim said having several lines of communication for the same issue is not helpful or productive. Once the complaint is closed/resolved we will happily provide any further help.

Thank you 

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
RETDPMSO
Tuning in
Message 28 of 32
Flag for a moderator

Whilst I appreciate what you are saying this fault has been ongoing since November last year with no one in VM taking any responsibility for it.   I have a letter of acknowledement to my latest complaint but have heard nothing more.

Even my previous complaint which I, in retrospect, foolish agree to cancel has not resulted in any resolution to the fault.   Asking customers to rely on an email client is ridiculous VM are supposed to be supplying a service.

0 Kudos
cybmole
Community elder
Message 29 of 32
Flag for a moderator

sorry, not being a lawyer I don't understand why lodging a complaint over some issue then bars all support staff from trying to fix it

by your logic if was to make a formal complaint , lets say e.g. I complain  that I am getting too much spam, then forum staff should then stop helping and advising me on how to better use the spam filters, for the 4 - 8 weeks that it takes to get a complaint response 

I just can't see it, maybe i'ts covered in law school 101 but the logic escapes me.. 

& colour me cynical but " complaints team is handling his issue directly" probably translates to his latest letter is in someone's in tray - they will look at it in a few weeks time, maybe.  I don't believe the the compliants team are actively re-coding the email platform, which is what a long term fix to the OPs complaints probably requires. 

in fact, his latest post says "

I have a letter of acknowledement to my latest complaint but have heard nothing more.

Even my previous complaint which I, in retrospect, foolish agree to cancel has not resulted in any resolution to the fault "

0 Kudos
gwb67
On our wavelength
Message 30 of 32
Flag for a moderator

This issue has been going on far longer than since November. 

I can't recall when the change happened from G Mail but that's when it started for me and my mother who also relies on this. She's lost a lot of emails because of it.

I've changed PC, Windows version and browser and encounter these issues across tablet and mobile too.

It really does need to be sorted before some of us feel we may as well give up and set up a new email address - which I'd rather not have to do.

0 Kudos