cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Password reset expired - terrible IT support

Mario99uk
Joining in

Hi, I need to reset my account password (linked to an outlook email address) but when the reset links arrive they are always expired.   I have been through virgin who told me it was an outlook problem and they can’t help.  I have complained to virgin and was assured someone would help me - I got a call but the email they promised never arrived.   Today I have spent over 5 hours on and off what’s app trying to get a solution.  The person typed to signed off with glad I could help you - but hadn’t.

virgin if your watching can you please actually help me access my emails?  Your support to date has been worthless. 

4 REPLIES 4

David_Bn
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for your post on our Community Forums @Mario99uk, and a very warm welcome to our Community Forums!

Sorry to hear of the frustrating experience with our services.

Can you please confirm if you can actually access the account, and attempt the manual resetting of the memorable word, via this link

Kindest regards,

David_Bn

Hi and thanks.   I cannot recall my memorable word as I chose it approx 16 years ago.  I can trigger the password reset process from the linked page but the link is expired when it arrives at my outlook account.  I was told today my login email had been updated to my gmail address but this was untrue.   All I want is access to my media account and thereby to my emails.   

Also - I have tried logging in from various machines and it makes no difference.  

Hi @Mario99uk 

Thanks for coming back to us.

I'll send you a PM now to assist further.

Best wishes.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill