Menu
rt21
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Outgoing virginmedia email to cix.co.uk blocked

I've just had two (non-spam) messages to a long-established contact blocked:

-------------

This is the mail system at host know-smtprelay-11-imp.

I am sorry to have to inform you that your message, "Xxxxxx xxxxx", could not be delivered to xxxxx@cix.co.uk.

The remote mail system said;
553:removed is blacklisted as it appears it has previously tried to send mail through our Honeypot Spam filter. Please contact abuse@interdns.co.uk to request a delisting if you are an administrator or your email provider for further information.

-------------

I'm not an administrator, of course. The Virgin Media help chat appears to be closed or busy today, and recommends emailing. Is there an email address to report such problems to? Anyone at Virgin Media listening?

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Outgoing virginmedia email to cix.co.uk blocked

Hi rt21,

I'll be happy to look into this for you, thanks for reporting it to us Smiley Happy

I shall need to take a look at the full header of the failed sent email, I'll send you a request for that via PM (purple envelope icon, top right of page) in a moment.

But that IP address is listed on LASHBACK and, it would seem, is linked to the sending of Spam mail.

To find out why it's linked to spam I could check the SMTP log data but would need to know what the sending email address is. I'll await your reply to my PM and then see what we can do to help.

Bye for now Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team