cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ntl world email vanished

PB26
Tuning in

I have had my ntl world email address for many years. It suddenly stopped working on Tuesday of this week. I am unable to login on any device. It seems my ntl email account has vanished. 

How do I go about restoring this even just to get access to the emails so that I can forward them on to myself and not lose everything?

Thanks for any help.

5 REPLIES 5

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PB26 wrote:

It suddenly stopped working on Tuesday of this week. I am unable to login on any device. It seems my ntl email account has vanished. 

If you normally access your Ntlworld email account by using an email app on your devices have you tried accessing this Ntlworld email account using Virgin Media's webmail service on their website?

If not try, doing signing in to VM webmail from this link https://mail2.virginmedia.com/ Enter the Ntlworld email address and then the password when prompted.

Post back with the exact error message you are getting from VM webmail. Your account may still be live but you are being blocked from accessing it for some reason.

"I have had my ntl world email address for many years"

So do you still have a Virgin Media broadband account?  If so the Forum Team (VM staff) should be able to help you.

However, other forum members may be able to offer advice to enable you to resolve this yourself but we need to know the exact error message you are seeing from VM webmail. .

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

PB26
Tuning in

Thank you for your reply. I have tried logging on on various devices (phone, ipad, laptop) but no success. I have tried going directly to the VM website and the error message is simply "Your email or password was incorrect. Please try again or go back to change your email"

No longer a VM customer. I understand that email accounts might need to be deleted as no longer a VM customer but I have had no notice or warning so am a bit lost. Thank you!

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@PB26 wrote:

No longer a VM customer. I understand that email accounts might need to be deleted as no longer a VM customer but I have had no notice or warning so am a bit lost.

Thanks for the update.

If the VM website is saying the address or password is incorrect then it's the account that's the problem and trying a different device will give he same result.

According to VM's broadband Terms and Conditions. 90 days after a broadband account is closed VM should delete all email accounts linked to it. In reality they seem to take much, much, longer than that to get around to deleting old accounts and when they do they never seem to give any warning.

If you are not a VM broadband customer then all that VM staff can do is to make sure the account is fully deleted. Sadly, they will not be able to re-enable the account for you.

One of the Forum Team will contact you via this forum thread in this next day or so and take the details using the forum's Private Message facility.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thank you coenoby.

Gareth_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Good morning PB26.

Thank yo for your post regarding the email account vanishing.

As @coenoby has advised, we would not be able to revert email account back to viewable now, but we can make sure its deleted.

If you don't mind, I will need to send you a private message to pass security. 
If you can check the Logo top right of your screen that would be great. 
Regards     
Gareth_L