cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

NTLWORLD email hacked

Blacksky
Joining in

I have two ntlworld email address, one I rarely use.  This one has been hacked and when I try to change the password I am getting the message that the password is invalid as it contains my username.  This is not the case. I need to know either how to change the password or if it's possible to delete this email address completely.

4 REPLIES 4

Joseph_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey @Blacksky,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

Sorry to hear you have been having this issue with your email, you can get this looked into and sorted via our website here, if you have any troubles with this let me know and I can help further.

Joe

Hi Joe

I have already followed the link and it wasn't useful, that is why I joined the community. 

I cannot change my password as it keeps telling me that I cannot use any part of my username, although I have tried random numbers and letters and have avoided everything that is in my username it still won't allow me to change it.

It may be that the email has been locked which is why a password reset is required. Can you try these steps for us please:

• Sign in to My Virgin Media
  • Go to Account settings, then Account details
  • Tap Manage next to Manage your Virgin Media Mail app password under Virgin Media Mail
  • Then, under Virgin Media Mail app password tap Get password
  • Continue the flow and a new secure password will be generated, and the mailbox unlocked
  • Update any third-party apps that may be use to access your Virgin Media Mail emails with this new app password.

Thanks

Rob

That doesn't actually change his password :/.......... 

The Idiot who designed this "App" Password system should be fired (Tho I imagine they got a big bonus and left), and staff need to be trained on what it is. 

OP should phone VM, have them reset the MAIN password on the phone (they will ask what you want it as, use something generic), once done then log in and change it AND reset the app password straight away too.  Once that's done they need to log into WebMail and see if any forwarding rules have been set up - because even if they never used webmail, hackers may have logged into it and set up forwarding rules - sadly the poor security at VM towers makes it impossible to judge how bad things really are.

----
I do not work for VM, but I would. It is just a Job.
Most things I say I make up and sometimes it's useful, don't be mean if it's wrong.
I would also make websites for them, because the job never seems to require the website to work.