Menu
JWharton86
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Mailbox Unavailable

I've been trying to log in to my webmail over the past couple of days, but every time I try to do so it tells me that the mailbox is unavailable. I've pasted the full text below:

"Your mailbox is not available at the moment.

Please retry again in one hour and make sure you are using the correct password to access your email from all of your devices.

If the problem continues, please call our team for help on 150 from a Virgin Media phone or mobile, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone and select option 2. For details about how much it costs to call our team from a Virgin Media home phone, visit virginmedia.com/callcosts. Call costs from other networks and mobiles vary."

I'm following the Email link from the Virgin site, which I am signed it to, so I'm sure the password is correct. Any help would be greatly appreciated! 

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox Unavailable

We haven't got to the bottom of this one either. However the first thing you should do is check your mobile phone text messages to see if you have one from VM saying that your mail box has been locked for spam. However that text message gives a different and dedicated phone number to call (freephone too). Use that different number - 0800 052 9429.

The second possibility is genuine password corruption on VM's back end servers. Happens all the time. You could try logging into MyVirginMedia and changing your password and see if that gives you access.

If this is an @virgin.net account post back for more advice.

Failing all that do what the message says - but to be sure of getting the UK call centres, it'll have to wait until Monday. If you phone now you'll get offshore and goodness knows what advice.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Mailbox Unavailable

Hi JWharton86, 

Welcome to the forums, I'm sorry to see you have been having trouble with your emails. 

I can see HowardML has been helping you with this and I agree the first thing I would try is a password reset. 

Have you managed to get this resolved or are you still having trouble? If you need us to take a further look let us know and we'll be happy to do so. 

All the best

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos