Menu
DaveGG
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Leaving - New Customer following day - transferring email accounts across?

Hi all,

my parents have been with Virgin since the old NTL days.

My mother is the account holder and both she and my dad have @ntlworld.com email addresses.

All they have is BB and unlimited calls and even after speaking to the retentions department, decided to leave due to price (£49 - best retention price £40)

The 30 day notification was put through.

Later that day I saw a deal for new customers, so I phone the sales team.

(uSwitch deal - 50mb unlimited BB + phone = £25 +anytime upgrade = £30)

I was totally upfront, told them we had given notice to leave, and asked if they could re-join Virgin in my fathers name. They said yes as the disconnect had been booked. The services would start the day after disconnection.

I asked if my parents could keep their email addresses. The woman said yes.

Since then the retentions team phoned again and my mother was totally honest and told them what was happening. The guy said no problem and they wouldn't ring again. But my mum did ask him about the email addresses. The guy said they would Definitely loose their @ntlworld.com addresses.

I assume her @ntlworld.com addresses are linked to her account. (as she can add or remove my fathers etc..)

Can these email addresses be linked to my fathers new account when it goes live?

I know when you leave Virgin, you can still access your email account for up to 9 months later (I know as I left 5 months ago)

My mum is not the most technical and really wants to keep her email address.

thanks

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Leaving - New Customer following day - transferring email accounts across?

Hi DaveGG, 

Thanks for your post and welcome to the forums. It's great having you on board with us in the Community. 

Email addresses are left active for up to 90 days after the services are disconnected. At this point they can be deleted at any time. 

To move the email addresses over to the new account, you would need to perform a Move and transfer. To do this, you'll need to give us a call 48 hours after your new account has gone live. Data Protection will need to be passed with move your Mum and Dad and then all the email addresses on the old account will be moved to the new account. 

The process takes around 24 hours and cannot be reversed once done. 

If you have any further issues, pop back and let us know.

Thanks,

Kath_F
Forum Team

Tech fan? Have you read our Digital life blog yet? Check it out

0 Kudos