cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

IMAP password

Annabellep
Joining in

I was locked out of my virginmedia email by Virginmedia. I can now access emails on the server but not on my iPhone and iPad, which were working perfectly fine before this issue. I keep getting the message that no password has been entered. Spoke to Virgin and was told I had to sign up to Gadget Rescue, which is utterly ridiculous as the issue was caused by Virginmedia. I have deleted and tried to re add account after rebooting but still same error. Can anybody help.

5 REPLIES 5

Annabellep
Joining in

go to account settings then account details

Scroll down to Virginmedia email and click manage.

scroll down to app password and then generate new password. Screenshot the password then go to Mail app on your device in setting and enter this password for you email account. Worked for me!,

coenoby
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Annabellep wrote:

. can now access emails on the server but not on my iPhone and iPad, which were working perfectly fine before this issue. . Can anybody help.

Virgin Media have recently made another change to their email service which means that when you reset a VM email password you now have to generate an app specific password to use instead or your webmail password when accessing that email address via any third party email apps or clients on all your devices.

Even if you have not reset your password recently it would still be worth your while to generate a new app password and see if the email apps on your iPhone and iPad work ok after you enter that as your password. That has worked for other posters in your situation who were getting the dreaded "No password" error in their Apple devices.

Here's how to do it:

Sign in to "My Virgin Media" from this link https://my.virginmedia.com/home/signIn  using the VM email address and existing password of the relevant email account   That will take you to the"My Virgin Media" account for that email address.

Then click on the "Account settings" tab and then the "Virgin Media Mail settings" tab.

That takes you to   "Mailbox app password management.". Scroll down that page and click on "Generate new app password".

That will be in the format:        video-post-mossy-sharp

You will then need to enter that new app password (including the "-") into the password field in the email apps on your various devices.

Try that and see how it goes. If it does not just post back here definitely don't sign up to Gadget Rescue.

Coenoby

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media.

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hello, I am having the same issues as the person above however when I sign into my virgin media and go to account settings and then details there is no option for me to generate a new mail password, do you know why this is?

Hey @Jamesmajor19373,

Welcome to the Community Forums and thanks for the post.

I'm sorry to hear the steps provided did not work for you, I can certainly look into sorting this out for you, in order for me to do so I will need to confirm some information from you in a quick private message. If you have not used this function before you can access it via the envelope at the top of your screen.

Speak to you soon. Joe

Hi, appreciate the response however I managed to ring your support team and they walked me through the steps to access my account 😁