Menu
philt
Dialled in
Message 1 of 5
Flag for a moderator

How do I request VM to add a domain and IP addresses to the whitelist

I manage a newsletter for a small club. We have been successfully sending out emails over the past couple of months - and a handful of these go to blueyonder and virginmedia addresses.

But this week all of the BY & VM messages got bounced. I contacted some recipients and none of them have touched their spam settings - so the issue is with VM.

The host of the service we're using for the newsletters checked the logs and said ...

Your emails sent to the domain "blueyonder.co.uk & virginmedia.com" were falsely blocked and marked your emails as spam by some spam filter or firewall installed on their end. We would suggest you to contact the IT team of the said domain and ask them to whitelist "bmsend.com" on their spam filter or firewall.

We recommend the receivers whitelist our IP addresses because, technically, the email was delivered

So - what do I need to do in order to add the domain and IP addresses to the VM whitelist?

They have a support page with a list of their IP addresses - I can supply this to VM via a private message.

0 Kudos
philt
Dialled in
Message 2 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Re: How do I request VM to add a domain and IP addresses to the whitelist

Anyone at VM seen this?
I noticed from other posts that it is not easy to add to the VM whitelists - which I fully understand.
If there is paperwork to complete, then I am happy to do this.
0 Kudos
philt
Dialled in
Message 3 of 5
Flag for a moderator

At 14:56 today (16th) I got an email to say someone had replied to this thread.
But when I logged in to check, there is no new reply. The last one was from myself ..... or maybe the email notification took a week to arrive!

So, I ask again ....... Has anyone at Virgin Media read this question ???     How can I proceed?

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 5
Flag for a moderator

This is primarily a community Forum.  While Virgin Media do have a Forum Team it's been taking them over 7 days to answer posts of late.  Plus when you bump a post, you increase the likelihood of your response being pushed back further.

I'm going to flag this to the mods to see if they can get the Forum Team involved for you.

Have you read the advice here.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-Spam-Content-Found-error-550-554/td-p/3229831

Also be aware that while users may not have changed their spam settings.  Virgin did last year when they migrated users away from the old Google platform to the new system.

See my post here for more information.

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Ravenstar-s-Email-FAQ-s/m-p/3026118#M129705

That decision coupled with the fact that the spam filters are too sensitive means that many senders are seeing email bounced back as they have been determined to be spam.  Whereas the ideal setting for the majority SHOULD have been deliver spam to the spam folder.

@ModTeam Can you ask one of the Forum Team members to take a look at this?

Ravenstar68

Only use Helpful answer if your problems been solved.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 5 of 5
Flag for a moderator

Hi philt, 

Thanks for getting in touch, I am sorry to see you have been having trouble with emails being bounced. 

There has been some changes to our back end systems recently which should reduce the incidence of  this happening. 

If you are still having trouble please pop across the header of the failed sent email, which should be included as an attachment in the failed delivery notification/ bounce back message. Send it to me via PM. (purple Envelope, top right hand corner). 

Once we have this information we will investigate further. 

All the best. 

Emma

New around here? To find out more about the Community check out our Getting Started guide

0 Kudos