cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Emails

liz30538
Superfast

I’ve been sending emails all day with no problem Now when i tried to reply to one i got an error message

Cannot Send Mail

The username or password for

"smtp@virginmedia.com" is incorrect.

i really hope this doesn’t mean I’ve been locked out of my account by security again. I am taking this issue to the Ombudsman as im not satisfied with the reply from VM to my complaint letter about the 7 times Ive been locked out

3 REPLIES 3

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi there @liz30538 Thanks for reaching out to us on the Virgin Media forums. 👋🏼

I'm sorry to hear about the issues in relation the email account.
I can see you are in a private chat with my colleague.

They will be able to assist and get this matter resolved for you.
Let us know how it goes.

Kind regards,
Ilyas.

Ilyas_Y
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Hi ilyas thank you for replying. I spent 21 minutes on the phone yesterday with someone who hadn’t a clue what to do The answer was someone will phone in 5 days I rang again and luckily got someone who was more clued in Bhavish. He talked me through linking my gmail account to my own email address Once that was done he had unblocked my account and i was able to get into the VM browser Then i had to generate a new password for outlook It didn’t work at first so i had to generate another one which did work That took another 35 minutes to resolve I’m so fed up with having to do this 8 times this year which is why I’m going to the ombudsman 

Can’t believe this the security team have locked me out again 9 times since last year Am really p****d at what i have to do to get this sorted Can’t even find the complaints page to send a complaint to them in writing Can anyone help I’ve complained before about the security team arbitrarily doing this The answer was resolution technical help which was crap I’ve now got to phone them and change passwords Why are they allowed to do this I’m just waiting for the Ombudsman to phone me about this complaint