Menu
siobhanosborne
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Email delays

For the last two weeks I have had problems receiving all of my emails. Some senders are receiving bounce back messages. Some emails are delayed for hours and some have been delayed for days. Other emails have arrived without any problem. I have attached a copy of a message received by a sender. This particular email was delayed by an entire day.

Example warning message below:-

From:    Mail Delivery System [Mailer-Daemon@smtp02.mailcore.me]

Sent:     09 August 2016 02:02

To:        Kieran Dillon

Subject:             Warning: message 1bWgPU-0006mX-7V delayed 6 hours

This message was created automatically by mail delivery software.

A message that you sent has not yet been delivered to one or more of its recipients

after more than 6 hours on the queue on smtp02.mailcore.me.

The message identifier is:     1bWgPU-0006mX-7V

The subject of the message is: Homebase !

The date of the message is:   Mon, 8 Aug 2016 08:59:44 +0000

The address to which the message has not yet been delivered is:

*******@ntlworld.com

(generated from*******@siobhandillon.com)

Delay reason: SMTP error from remote mail server after initial connection:

host mx.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net [212.54.56.11]:

421 mx2.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net bizsmtp Too many simultaneous sessions

No action is required on your part. Delivery attempts will continue for some time, and

this warning may be repeated at intervals if the message remains undelivered.

Eventually the mail delivery software will give up, and when that happens, the message

will be returned to you

My emails are forwarded from 123-reg to my VM account.

I contacted 123-reg about the proble and they provided the following reponse:-

Dear Siobhan,

Thank you for contacting 123-reg on the 9th August 2016.

I have checked the email logs for the email forwarder *******@siobhandillon.com which redirects to *******@ntlworld.com and I could see that there are some messages displayed like:

"mx.mnd.ukmail.iss.as9143.net mx2.tb.ukmail.iss.as9143.net Too many simultaneous sessions"

Therefore, it seems that the connection is timed out on the destination email as there are too many connections on the server at the same time.

You should check with your email provider (ntlworld.com) of the destination mailbox (*******@ntlworld.com), and see if this is an issue on their side.

Thank you for your understanding regarding this matter.

If we can be of any further help with regard to this or any other matter, please do not hesitate to contact us.

Kind Regards

Alina

123-reg

So they seem to be saying the problem is with the VM email.

Please advise when this problem will be resolved.

Thanks

Siobhan

[MOD EDIT: Personal and private information has been removed from this post. Please do not post personal or private information in your public posts. Please review the Forum Guidelines]

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email delays

Read this:

http://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Email/Email-forwarding-issue/td-p/3175073

@Jen_A   one more for you!

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email delays

Hi siobhanosborne,

Apologies for the slow delivery of your emails. Though this is, for the most part, intentional where suspected spam activity is concerned. 

What would usually happen is that the queue and re-delivery attempt would foil the would-be spammers and your mail would be delivered later (up to a few hours).

What I'm currently querying is the amount of time the delivery is delayed by. I'll keep an eye on your post so that I can provide updates, though feel free to 'nudge' me if I seem to have forgotten (it does happen).

I'll also send you a PM in a moment requesting some additional information, just check the purple envelope icon, top right of page.

Thanks Smiley Happy

Jen
Forum Team

0 Kudos