Menu
Biggles132
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Email Problems

I have been a Virgin Media customer for many years and still use my original email address @ntlworld.com. However, a few weeks ago I started having problems sending out emails; I could receive them OK but not respond or send out any of my emails.  I spoke to the Virgin Media Help Desk who commented that this was a problem affecting lots of people and that it would be sorted out by 1100 hrs that day - it was not sorted out.  I then spoke to the Help Desk again who said it would be resolved if I changed my password.  I changed my password and, needless to say, the problem has not been resolved.  I continue to get the message "Cannot send mail the username or password for SMTP: .................@ntlworld.com at STMP.ntlworld.com is incorrect" and continue to receive emails but cannot respond to them or send any out.  I am now getting very frustrated with this and am starting to believe that the only way to resolve this ongoing problem is to get another email address with the associated problems to informing everyone of the change.  If anyone can help I would be most grateful.

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Email Problems

Welcome: how are you managing your e-mail. Are you using a program like Outlook or Thunderbird? IF so what are the SMTP server settings.

Or are you using VM web mail - logging on with your user name and password each time?

This is not an uncommon issue but it has many causes.

-----------------------

Superuser 2017/18
Use Kudos to say thanks
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved
Please don't send me private messages unless I ask you to.
I do not work for VM. The advice I give is based on my best understanding of VM policy and practice. You rely on it at your own risk.