Menu
SDC
Fibre optic
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Captcha: use it wisely

I reckon most of us have battled the dreaded Captcha thing while trying to access our webmail. Today I found that it has more benefits than I thought...

The unsolicited caller purported to be from VM, he was trying to get me to upgrade my BB package. He went through his security process, I played along.

Then he started to read me his standard script. One sentence in I brought him up short with "Hold it right there, I need to take you through my security process".

After a short silence, he said "er... um... OK", so I went for it.

Me: "Please select all of the squares with mountains in them."

Him: "Eh? Mountains?"

Me: "Ok, so you can't see mountains so let's try something else. Please select all of the squares with shop-fronts in them".

Him: "What squares? Which shops?"

Me: "Hmm... no shop-fronts... final chance - please select all of the squares with road-signs in them".

Him: "I can't see what you are talking about."

Me: "Sorry, you have failed the Captcha security test. Goodbye!"

I've been smug ever since hanging up :-)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Less-than-Super User, going from bad to worse since signing up to Diamond Cable and JANET all those years ago.
Use Kudos to show your appreciation, send Hobnobs to really show your appreciation :-)
Mark answer as "helpful" only when the problem is solved.
I do not work for VM... or for anyone else except SWMBO.
Please note that the tone in which you read this post may not be the same as my tone when I created it.
0 Kudos
Buffer6
Trouble shooter
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Captcha: use it wisely

Have you tried a different web browser?  I don't get captcha with Chrome Smiley Wink

0 Kudos