Email
For all Virgin Media Mail questions.
cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Forum Posts

Sending email using your own domain

Introduction Email is evolving new methods to combat spoofing of email addresses.  While there used to be no checks on what email servers can be used by particular domains, that is no longer the case. Consequently when sending using your own domain u...

smtp2go_namesco_spf_dkim_3
ravenstar68 by Very Insightful Person
  • 0 replies
  • 16 kudos

Orphan Email accounts

IntroductionThis information applies to all four Virgin Media Email domains.virgin.netvirginmedia.comblueyonder.co.ukntlworld.comCustomers are increasingly coming on the Forum's after having email accounts locked/deleted.  This post looks at one of t...

• 0 replies
  • 81 kudos

Outgoing Authentication Issues? - Check Email Logs

IntroductionThere have been a number of threads on the boards lately where people have been seeing the password prompt pop up when trying to send e-mails.While the symptom is the same for many users, there are actually a number of possible causes.Bro...

outopt.JPG tbirdsave.JPG
  • 0 replies
  • 22 kudos

Ravenstar's Email FAQ's

The aim of this thread is to collate some of the stickies I have made in the past into one thread. In here you will find the following FAQ's Understanding Email Block ListsSPF, DKIM, and DMARC explainedGeneric/Dynamic host names prohibited - an expla...

• 8 replies
  • 7 kudos

Webmail - forbidden - AppPassword Reset

I, as do many others in this forum regularly suffer from the webmail lockout issue which also prevents the sending of email via POP3 clients suck as Outlook. As other posts highlight, to resolve this issue you have to reset your app password and also...

Error connecting to POP3, SMTP and IMAP servers

I have been using Forte Agent as an email client since as long as I can remember.Recently tried to use it and using servers imap.virginmedia.com, imap.blueyonder.co.uk, and the smtp and pop3 versions, I am now getting an SSL error 80090302. Any clues...

Email not working since 15/04/24

Seems that there a lot of problems being reported since yesterday, 15/04/24, mainly concerned with the SMTP server for outgoing mail. For me, I get: 16/04/24, 23:04:47: SEND - sending mail message(s) - 1 message(s) in queue16/04/24, 23:04:47: SEND - ...

al67 by Superfast
  • 23 replies
  • 0 kudos

Account and Email

I am unable to change passwords for my Virgin Media Account and my Virgin Media Email. I have tried everything suggested on the forum but to no avail.  Anybody out there got any other suggestions.

Darby261 by Just joined
  • 0 replies
  • 0 kudos

unable to send emails from emClient for ntlworld.com email account

Hi My emClient email package won't send emails, but will receive. My email address is an ntlworld.com one. I can login to the Virgin web email and send/receive ok. I've tried changing the SMTP settings to some recommended online, but no changeThe err...

appoman by Just joined
  • 3 replies
  • 0 kudos

SMTP Outlook / Windows Live / Windows 7 / SSL Problems - WORKAROUND

Thanks to Snoopdog for finding this but it seems that if you just use SMTP port 25 with no encryption (no TLS or SSL) then finally we can send e-mail again.Previously SMTP without SSL on port 25 was unsupported. However, now it is! How strange. That ...

techweb by On our wavelength
  • 6 replies
  • 1 kudos

change email password

Can someone tell me how I can go about either recovering my email or changing my password for my main email address please?Thanks.

Not all emails being received?

Hi,Could anyone offer any assistance with an issue I'm having with my VM email account, which is an old Blueyonder one. Emails are being received however not all, I've specifically been waiting for an urgent email to arrive, with an attachment. The s...

Resolved! Can receive but not send emails

We have used ntlworld.com email addresses for many years- generally without any real problems.However a couple of days ago we discovered that we could receive, but not send, emails.Anything we want to send just goes to the Outbox on the sending devic...

craibh by On our wavelength
  • 7 replies
  • 0 kudos