Menu
Lascott
Joining in
Message 1 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Accessing mums emails - any help appreciated!

Hello,

My mum has an ntlworld.com email address. Unfortunately she suffers from MS and amongst other issues has lost the use of her hands as well as a significant chunk of her long and short term memory. 

We would love to be able to access her email account I case there are old friends reaching out to her who think she's forgotten about them. However as she's forgotten her password we only have her email address to go off and with ntlworld not really existing anymore we're struggling to figure out what to do!

'forgotten password' link seems to want a username which we don't know and beyond that it's asking for real account numbers etc which when entered are Lott being accepted. 

Any help or advice would be much appreciated. 

Thanks.x

0 Kudos
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 2
Flag for a moderator

Re: Accessing mums emails - any help appreciated!

Welcome to the forum.
The username will be the full email address. If you can't get through the forgotten password system you will need to call in and choose the broadband fault option. You Mum will need to be present when you make the call, due to the security clearance issues.

By the way, if the email hasn't been accessed in the last 90 days it will have been suspended and deleted after a further 60 days of no access.

Edit: forgot to add the phone numbers: The numbers to ring are 150 free from a VM mobile or landline, or 0345 454 1111 from any other phone (chargeable as standard UK landline phone no.).