Menu
SlightlyJaded
Joining in
Message 1 of 3
Flag for a moderator

554 5.2.0 spam content found

Hi,

e-mail messages sent from my school to parents with virgin / ntl addresses have started to be rejected within the last few days with the 554 5.2.0 spam content found messages that proliferate your community forum. I pass SPF tests, reverse DNS etc... and all reputation tests that I perform come back as clean so I am quite in the dark as to why this should be the case and can only assume that this is due to something at your end. Please can you investigate and let me know?

Thanks,

Amesbury School

Domain: amesburyschool.co.uk

0 Kudos
Wrock
Fibre optic
Message 2 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 554 5.2.0 spam content found

Hello Amesbury School,

Indeed, after a year of hundreds of similar reports, I am dismayed that the Virgin Media email system continues to block thousands of legitimate emails such as yours.  Can you confirm that similar messages are being delivered just fine to the large email providers such as Gmail, Hotmail, Yahoo! or AOL?

When you do receive a response from Virgin Media, would you please return to this board to let us know how it was resolved?  Most of the reports of this problem since August 2015 end when a forum member sends a private message,

http://wardinewrock.blogspot.com/2016/05/legitimate-emails-blocked-to-virgin.html

with the result that people like you filing new reports have no detailed information about how to proceed to obtain a quick and lasting resolution to the disruption of legitimate communication. 

-Wrock.

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 3 of 3
Flag for a moderator

Re: 554 5.2.0 spam content found

Hello SlightlyJaded

Welcome to our forum, I am sorry you are having problems emailing our domains, we would like to help. The most common cause of this we find if the rDNS is configured correctly is that recipients have been marking emails as spam so hence the domain ends up on our spam filter. That is only speculation at the moment and I would like to gather some more information so will send you a forum private message to speak further.

Many thanks

Nicola

Virgin Media Forum Team
0 Kudos