Menu
Message 1 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Stranger Things

Is anyone watching Stranger Things on Netflix at the moment? I've recently just finished watching and was blown away by how good it is. I sensed a lot of inspiration from films/TV shows such as E.T, Super 8, Alien and the X Files and it was executed to near perfection. If you enjoy your Sci Fi then I really can't recommend it enough. If you've seen it let me know what you thought or what your favourite moment from the show was? If you've not seen it then beware of potential spoilers ahead.....

The do's and don'ts. Keep the community welcoming for all. Follow the house rules

Tags (2)
HairyFacedHuman
Rising star
Message 2 of 4
Flag for a moderator

Re: Stranger Things

Stephen King, Stephen Spielberg, the 1980's... Every great 80's film you've watched all rolled into one great TV show. It's the best series of the year. Winona Ryder as the crazy mother was fantastic.

---------------------------------------------------------------
This life hesitates to be enjoyed
Not the slightest prospect of change
Vicious circle
That I'd thought to have escaped
A lasting state of worry prolongs

Mirthless - by - Mirror Of Deception
(from the 2004 album - Foregone)
Superuser
Superuser
Message 3 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I have watched it and really enjoyed it, although being a wuss I couldn't watch it after dark as it made me jump way too many times and I'm surprised it hasn't given me nightmares Smiley Embarassed

I don't have any stand out moments, it was all good, like an 80's Sci Fi / Horror wet dream Smiley Very Happy.  I'm not normally a fan of 70s or 80s retro stuff, having lived it, but this was very well done.

I spotted a lot of the nods to Stephen King and others, but there were a few references I missed.  There is an interesting list in the Trivia section on IMDB:

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt4574334/trivia?ref_=tt_trv_trv

Disclaimer - I don't work for Virgin Media. I'm just another VM user trying to help out so my answers may be wrong Smiley Happy If you do like my answer please mark it as helpful as it may help others
My setup: Vivid 200 Optical fibre with Superhub 2 in modem mode connected to a Netgear R7000 router. Telewest/VM user since 2001.  

Superuser
Superuser
Message 4 of 4
Flag for a moderator

I really liked it. I binge watched all 8 episodes the day it came out, like a good book you can't put down.

As a child of the 80's, being a big sci-fi and horror fan I felt right at home.

Looking forward to what they cook up for the sequel:

http://www.eonline.com/news/783078/stranger-things-season-2-will-a-sequel-but-why-hasn-t-netflix-ren...