cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No value for loyal cuystomers

proletcultism
Joining in

No reward for 10+ years customer loyalty. Trying to renew package means negotiating everytime you talk to an agent. Prices offered change from day to day and conversation to conversation. Frankly humiliating. Complaint resolution was an absolute farce, with an offer higher than what I had the previous day. Utterly dissapointed and shocked by these practices.

7 REPLIES 7

goslow
Alessandro Volta

It would seem logical that VM should/would want to retain existing customers but that isn't how VM operates. VM aims to extract as much money as possible from all its customers and tries to do this through a series of ever-changing offers and 'deals' where each customer has to haggle with a VM sales agent to carve out an individual package/price. As a result, it is often reported on here that different customers can be paying wildly different prices for the same package of services.

If VM has not come up with a suitable package/price for you then you should put in your 30 day cancellation notice and move to another supplier.

It is often reported on here that the best offers come in from 'retentions' once the customer has submitted a cancellation but there is no guarantee at all this will happen. It is also suggested to have your marketing preferences turned on in 'My Virgin Media' to allow any such call to take place.

Any VM offers tend to be 'of the moment' so, if you do cancel, you should do so only once you are armed with all the information about your alternative packages/prices. If you do get a VM retentions call you'll then be best placed to know whether to accept it or not if the call does come in.

jayjayj
Tuning in

I have been a customer for 25 years as i was a customer when they were NTL i'm finding it very hard at the moment to get a discount, and they are not bothered if i leave all about money,   

@goslow wrote:
Any VM offers tend to be 'of the moment'

In regards to holding an offer, you can request an agent sends you CSS/CIS documents, however do not give consent at that time. Doing so will allow you seven days before the offer becomes invalid, and will hold VM to the quote.

Based on the many regular topics on here on this subject, the theory of what you are suggesting and the reality of how VM behaves in practice do not match up. There are endless topics on here (even when customers have written details of a particular package/quote/price) where VM has failed to honour the quote, or denied the quote ever existed or the agent can't access the quote etc. etc. etc.

Wildfruit
On our wavelength

Lived in my current house for 17 years, the majority of which have had VM services. Apart from the first year where I couldn't afford anything (was still NTL then) and one period where I couldn't get a deal agreed. (Even this time 2 weeks after I had sky installed I was called and offered a deal but it was too late by then).  All the rest of the time I've had new customer price (ish) or better. It's a game. I enjoy playing it. If I didn't get what I wanted I'd go elsewhere. As should anybody else. It's just a service and there should be no loyalty on your part whatsoever. 

2x V6
Maxit TV
Sky sports & Movies
Gig 1
Unlimited 02 sim
Talk more anytime

venetian4
Tuning in

I’ve been with them going back to the ntl and cable and wireless , at least 40 years.

never offer a good deal for long term customers.

venetian4
Tuning in

I’ve been with them from the days of NTL and Cable &Wireless which must be over 40 years.

they never offered me a good deal .