cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New contract

Northender0602
Joining in

Just gone into a shop and started a new contract in the hubbys name as the one I have is ending end of December and is increasing by over £30. We advised we wanted mine cancelled and anew one in hubbys name and the package we wanted was 125mbps tv and phone first 3 months free then £39 per month after. Got home the e mail stated it was 250 mbps  tv plus sky sports and the package was £60 per month. Tried ringing in 150 was holding in for 20 minutes then got someone abroad who after two minutes told me to hold on which I did then they asked me to hold again for 2-3 minutes 7 minutes later they asked me to hold again. Which I did, then again, which I did, after 15 minutes of being faffed around after connecting with an operator. I ended up hanging up. Not impressed. Feel like cancelling both contracts now and we have been with Virgin media for a few years, but the customer service side is pants.

2 REPLIES 2

Adduxi
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You would have been best to cancel your Contract via Recorded Delivery letter first.  Once your account was ceased, only then should you have signed up with your husband.  It may have gone wrong as you were, in effect, getting two Contracts to the same address.

As you say, cancel both now, and try again?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

jpeg1
Alessandro Volta

VM won't allow two contracts at the same time on the same broadband line. And they make it very difficult to get a second one to start the day after the first one finishes.  They try very hard to stop you saving money that way.

You went into a shop to order. Was that a Virgin shop or somewhere like Currys?  Those deals often go wrong.

- jpeg1
My name is NOT Alessandro. That's just a tag Virginmedia sticks on some contributors. Please ignore it.