Menu
Tuning in
Message 1 of 2 (48 Views)

Getting final connection for a new build

We are in the process of buying a new build - completion date is October. It is a small development and the ducting and cabling will be in place, and we just need to organise the final connection.

We are already with Virgin and want to stay with Virgin. According to their service checker, the existing properties across the road have Virgin, so I assume it will be easy to connect.

Can anyone advise:

• What we need to do to arrange this
  • Any costs involved
  • How far in advance do we need to organise this so that we have broadband connected as soon as we move in

Many thanks
Dom

0 Kudos

Accepted Solutions
Superuser
Message 2 of 2 (51 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by dreed12
a month ago

Re: Getting final connection for a new build

hiya @dreed12 i would be speaking to the moving house team via 150 / 0345 454 1111 i think via option 1 - 4, since they need to have a chat with the construction team to have the cables installed from cabinet to property, and this can take weeks/months (depending on how busy they are) as for costs there is a moving house fee £20.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

All Replies
Superuser
Message 2 of 2 (52 Views)
Helpful Answer
confirmed by dreed12
a month ago

Re: Getting final connection for a new build

hiya @dreed12 i would be speaking to the moving house team via 150 / 0345 454 1111 i think via option 1 - 4, since they need to have a chat with the construction team to have the cables installed from cabinet to property, and this can take weeks/months (depending on how busy they are) as for costs there is a moving house fee £20.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution