Menu
dreed12
Tuning in
Message 1 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Getting final connection for a new build

We are in the process of buying a new build - completion date is October. It is a small development and the ducting and cabling will be in place, and we just need to organise the final connection.

We are already with Virgin and want to stay with Virgin. According to their service checker, the existing properties across the road have Virgin, so I assume it will be easy to connect.

Can anyone advise:

• What we need to do to arrange this
  • Any costs involved
  • How far in advance do we need to organise this so that we have broadband connected as soon as we move in

Many thanks
Dom

0 Kudos

Helpful Answers
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

Re: Getting final connection for a new build

hiya @dreed12 i would be speaking to the moving house team via 150 / 0345 454 1111 i think via option 1 - 4, since they need to have a chat with the construction team to have the cables installed from cabinet to property, and this can take weeks/months (depending on how busy they are) as for costs there is a moving house fee £20.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution

All Replies
Superuser
Superuser
Message 2 of 8
Flag for a moderator
Helpful Answer

hiya @dreed12 i would be speaking to the moving house team via 150 / 0345 454 1111 i think via option 1 - 4, since they need to have a chat with the construction team to have the cables installed from cabinet to property, and this can take weeks/months (depending on how busy they are) as for costs there is a moving house fee £20.
----------------------------------------------------------
If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the thumbs up. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Accepted Solution
dreed12
Tuning in
Message 3 of 8
Flag for a moderator

I have spoken to the moving team and they were meant to be sending a spotter team out to check the new property.

I chased after 3 weeks via a web chat (I was told it would take 10-14 days to hear back) and got someone who told me they couldn't contact the engineering team after they had made the initial request and they would have to send a new request (she also tried to disconnect me several times!!)

Today I made a follow up call and got someone who told me they couldn't provide services at my new address. Then also immediately, she said the engineering team would call me when they had been out but couldn't give a timescale. She also helpfully tried to disconnect me!! She then said she would put me through to the engineering team and cut me off....

So basically I don't have a clue what is going on. Every time I contact Virgin, I get someone who wants to disconnect me!! I presume I need to contact the engineering team to get any sense - is there a way of doing this directly without having to call the customer services number?

Thanks

Dom

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 4 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dom

If you still need support with this can you pop back to me and let me know? I'd like to see what I can do to help.

If you can pop a PM back to me and let me know:

• Your name
  • If you are the account holder
  • The old address
  • The new address
  • Your preferred contact number

I can then fill the spotters form in for you or esclaate this if this has not been done.

To PM* me, simply:

• Click on my forum PM link Karen_A

Many thanks

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
dreed12
Tuning in
Message 5 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Thanks Karen, I have PM'd you with details

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 6 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dom

Thanks for getting back to me Smiley Happy

I've popped your details to our New Build and Nex teams to cover both bases. New Build may have this falling under their remit for the obvious reasons but it may be part of Network Expansion due to the existing street having already been cabled so I've copied them both in just to cover all bases.

I'll let you know what they say as soon as I get a reply Smiley Happy

Thanks and speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - "How to pay my Virgin Media bill"

0 Kudos
Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 7 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dom

I've not forgotten about you Smiley Happy I'm still waiting on updates for you so I've chased this today for you.

Hope to speak soon!

Karen_A
Forum Team

Forum Team
Forum Team
Message 8 of 8
Flag for a moderator

Hi Dom

The teams have confirmed this is part of an existing request NBU. 67875  

I'm waiting on confirmation of expected dates that they may have for you.

Many thanks!

Karen_A
Forum Team

0 Kudos