Check your service statusCable National
Searching for something?
Fresh as a Daisy
Cookie021

Slow Internet Connection

Hi, During the past 2 days my internet connection seems to be really slow. I cannot view videos on youtube, web pages are also really slow loading up. When more than 1 computer is connected to the router the connection seems to get even slower. When web pages do load up they seem to lag too. I am using a D-Link DSL-264OR router which I bought from yourselves some time ago. I just wondered if someone could have a look at my connection and advise me about what I can do or if anything needs to be done your end? Thanks Nathan
Please use plain text.
The Sorcerer’s Apprentice
charlie4351

Re: Slow Internet Connection

Hi there,

Will reply quickly - b4 the connection goes again. Know how you feel, if you phone them they are full of excuses and put you off until next week everytime, ours as been like this for nearly a month - driving us mad!!

Please use plain text.
Fresh as a Daisy
Cookie021

I also forgot to mention that this happened a few months ago. Can anyone from Virgin Media help please and have a look at my connection? 

Please use plain text.
Brainbox
Cennydd_T

HI Cookie021,

I've managed to have a look into your connection and at the moment, no immediate faults are showing.

Your router is currently synchronised at 7.7mb downstream and no reported line faults.

I'd recommend doing 2 things at this point.

Firstly check/replace hardware that connects your router to the telephone line.

1. Replace the adsl filter.

2. Replace rj11 cable.

3. Connect to your Test socket if present. Master socket if no test socket.

Secondly, just to ensure your router is functioning correctly, it would be a good idea to factory reset it and set it back up again. You will need your adsl username and password to reconfigure the router so If you need these details, or just need general help in resetting and reconfiguring the router, I'd recommend calling into our technical support team.

If none of these checks make any difference what so ever, we would be looking to escalating a fault.

The last thing we would ask you to do before raising a fault is to run 2 tests on the bt speed test website here.
at non peak times , of which are 00:00 - 16:00 weekdays and 00:00 - 10:00 weekends

Once these tests have been done, please call into our Technical Support team to get this escalated as we are unable to do so via this forum.

Please feel free to send me a private message if you have any questions.

Hope this helps,

Cen

Cen Tudor
Help & Support Forum Team

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as a Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.
Please use plain text.