Check your service statusCable National
Ask a question
Fresh as a Daisy
szesze

Access to wireless setting in the router

[ Edited ]

I tried to reset the password of the router but somehow I failed to login to the admin page of the router.

After typing 192.168.0.1 what should be the correct username and password?

p.s. I have tried admin, virgin, virginmedia...etc with blank password, the passphrase under the router or "changeme".

I am now using Netgear DGN1000.

Thank you very much.

Please use plain text.
Forum Team
Ralph_R

Re: Access to wireless setting in the router

Hi szesze,

It looks like your a Virgin National customer, as such I have requested this post is moved to the "Broadband down your phone line" section where you may get a better response to this query.

Ralph
Help & Support Forum Team

Problem Solved?Fault with your service?We did warn you!
Please use plain text.
Emerging Talent
fihart

The defaults for accessing the router's web-style user interface are user name  admin and password  changeme

Should work with any browser but use Internet Explorer to be safe.  Type 192.168.0.1 in the browser address bar and press enter (or click)

You should then see a box with blank spaces for user name and password. 

Please use plain text.
Boffin
Lucy_P

Hi szesze,

If you have a Netgear DGN1000 router supplied by Virgin, then you should see a sticker on the side with the ip address and login username and password required to access your router diagnostic webpage. The wireless passphrase should also be listed there.

If in doubt, please ring 084 454 1111 and after a brief security check, we can provide the information you need.

Thank you for your cooperation.

Lucy Paradice

Hope this helps.

If someone's helped you out say thanks by clicking on the Kudos Star. If someone's solved your problem, why not mark their message as an Helpful Answer? You can also help other users find useful posts by Tagging them with keywords.

Please use plain text.