cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Volt Wi-Fi Pods

wana73
Joining in

Hi, I have Volt and looking to order a Wi-Fi pod to improve connection to security camera at back of house,  problem is not speed but poor Wi-Fi to the camera, but finding thing’s difficult to order one via phone etc, thought it would be more straight forward than this, can’t order vis connect app as says speed ok, but that not the issue??

6 REPLIES 6

roy247
Community elder

Your lucky you can get the connect app to work l was told last October that my problem was known about and passed to the team that probably doesn't exist.

Anyway back to your problem does your camera support both 2.4 and 5ghz wi-fi, if you are using your phone for doing the speed test make sure it's testing on the same band if you have both available. You could also try walking down the garden at the back of your house until the app allows you to order a pod.

Thanks for reply, tried ordering via connect app as I did get speeds lower than 30gbs but it just goes to chat who then say you have to phone the dedicated team, done that,  then you just get forwarded to different teams who ask the same questions, It appears they do not want to give out the pods not to a Volt customer anyway, so look like getting a mesh system which is a shame cos my back security camera worked flawlessly with my old provider!

Paul_DN
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi wana73,

Thank you for reaching out to us in our community and welcome, sorry to see you have been unable to order a pod to cover your camera on the back of the house, with the connect app you need to go where the camera is and scan from there, if you go to the back of the house and run the blackspot check there does it then allow you to order a pod?

Regards

Paul.

Hi

Thanks for reply, Done the Scan which gave me the option to order a WiFi Pod, but that sent me to Chat, They could not order one via the Chat so gave me a phone number to ring, did that but kept getting transferred to various departments, was getting no where with the phone calls they kept saying couldn’t order due to be on the 5x hub!  Probably would get one if I was not on Volt Benefits and paying for the Max, Very disappointed..

We truly apologise for this experience @wana73 We can understand the frustration this may have caused. We are sending you a private message to best help. Please keep an eye out for an envelope at the top right corner of your Forum page. Let me know if you have any issues locating this. I'll be in touch soon.

Thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

Akua_A
Forum Team
Forum Team

No worries at all @wana73 

Please let us know how the pod install goes and if you need any further help

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs