Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Ultimate volt package recontract question

snowmen
On our wavelength

Hi,

Going through the recontract process atm

Currently on the ultimate volt package with £25 O2 sim

Have been offered a recontract price for the same package.

• Trying to find out if I need to cancel my current O2 sim (contract is currently above £30 month now due to inflation increases) or does this sim reset to £25 when I recontract.

VM said to speak to O2. O2 were not helpful and said I needed to speak to VM!

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @snowmen 

You could contact O2 and ask them the price for any other tarifs. You don't have to stick with the unlimited tarif.  I changed to the 50GB download with unlimited calls and texts. The download was boosted to 100GB.  They have other tarifs available too.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @snowmen 

You could contact O2 and ask them the price for any other tarifs. You don't have to stick with the unlimited tarif.  I changed to the 50GB download with unlimited calls and texts. The download was boosted to 100GB.  They have other tarifs available too.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

snowmen
On our wavelength

Thanks for the reply!

How does it work if you are reconstructing your whole package through VM though?

They only have a limited number of O2 sim options with their volt packages.

Can you swop to another O2 tariff after you have recontracted or will this mess up the VM deal and eligibility to volt benefits?

snowmen
On our wavelength

Just as an update ...

Off the phone with a helpful VM advisor. They said they could only see Volt recontract deals as I am a current pay monthly O2 customer with my existing VM package.

They said that I could take out a VM recontract deal and then cancel my current £25 a month O2 SIM, and I will still retain Volt benefits and the price for the VM services won't change.

Is this right?

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @snowmen 

Looking at the terms and conditions, Annexe 'A 'subsections  (see part 5.6 which I've highlighted in bold)  the price for the VM services won't change, but the Volt benefits may be lost when you next recontract ( ie you won't get the Volt discount on your bundle)

The following is taken from the /Terms_and_Conditions_TV_Fibre_Phone_from_4_February_2024  page, 

5. You will not be able to unenroll from the Volt benefits once they have been activated, unless you decide to cancel both your eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan and your Virgin Media residential broadband service (or if the eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan registered at your address is cancelled by the relevant account holder), as applicable. If you cancel your eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan within 14 days of:
(a) you receiving your O2 SIM following you purchasing an eligible O2 PayMonthlyMobile Plan; or(b) you re-contractingto an eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan at the same time as purchasing eligible Virgin Media broadband services, you may become ineligible for the Volt benefits for your Virgin Media services. Depending on the services you receive:
1. we may remove any applicableVolt broadband speed boost;
2. you will no longer be entitled to receive the WiFi Max service at no extra cost (unless you take Gig1 Fibre Broadband) and standard pricing will be applied going forward; and
3. if you were receiving the Ultimate Volt Bundle and you have cancelled your O2 Unlimited SIM, where you are the registered account holder of it, we may move your Virgin Media services to the Bigger Sports & Movies Bundle (or the nearest equivalent bundle to Bigger Sports & Movies available at the time). If you would prefer to move to a different package, you should call Virgin Media to discuss your options.
6. If you subsequently cancel your eligible O2 Pay Monthly Mobile Plan, where you are the registered account holder of it, or it is cancelled by the relevant account holder after the 14 day period referred to in paragraph A.5 above, the Volt benefits for your Virgin Media services may be lost when you next recontract to Virgin Media’s services.
7. If we remove your Volt benefits from your Virgin Media services in accordance with our rights in paragraph A.5 or A.6 above, your Virgin Media services shall continue and your Virgin Media minimum period will be
unaffected. Save for Sections A.5 and A.6 above, your Virgin Media services are entirely unaffected by the cancellation of O2 services whether by you directly or the relevant account holder at your residential address

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

snowmen
On our wavelength

@newapollo thanks for the reply.

So it looks like I can recontract my VM package and then cancel the O2 sim, I will keep the volt discounts/benefits until the next recontract date.

Tbh as long as VM don't send me out another SIM as part of a volt package recontract (which I don't think they do when you already have one) I might contact O2 when that part of my contract is up and speak to their retentions team to see if they can offer me something more suitable/cheaper. I am going to get double the data of the sim deal offered anyway.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi again @snowmen

Reading posts from other customers on this board you shouild be able to speak to O2 and change to a different tier that's more suitable to your pocket and needs if you don't want unlimited.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.