cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

O2 sim card/Volt question

matirdamb
Joining in

So my partner recently signed to the friend/family rate for the Ultimate Volt bundle for £68 including the O2 sim (which accounts for £25 of the £68).

The initial order summary detailed the O2 sim but once ordered the only contract I received was through Virgin (showing the £43 a month to them) and nothing from O2.

The sim card has not arrived after 2 weeks so today I have spoken to O2 who confirmed that they have no details of a sim card being ordered for her details.

She was going to cancel the sim anyway or downgrade the data while remaining on O2.

So basically my question is currently we are just signed up to the full Virgin package for £43 per month and when she signs up to a different O2 sim card that will still show there is an active O2 sim card in her name and at our address and not potentially cause any issues?

I have read here people cancelling the O2 sim altogether and it could potentially impact your Volt benefits down the line but surely it cannot tell if the sim was taken out from their offer or ordered separately?

1 REPLY 1

Paulina_Z
Forum Team (Retired)
Forum Team (Retired)

Hi @matirdamb,

Welcome to our Community Forums! Thank you for your first post and I'm sorry to hear that you've had some issues with your O2 SIM card part of your Volt package! This is not the service we aim to provide and we apologise that you've had some issues going through with this.

If you have an active Virgin Media package as well as an active O2 SIM card, you can connect them to have Volt benefits activated. If your Volt benefits have not been activated within 2 weeks, please check if you're able to activate them through your MyO2 App yourself. If you're still having issues, please let us know and we'll be more than happy to investigate this further for you.

Thank you! 

Paulina_Z
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs