cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

How do customers deal with bad Customer Service

Sub
Joining in

We ordered volt package, TV, PHONE, O2 SIM CARD, NETFLIX.

T V box installed

Router installed

Phone not installed

O2 Sim received but can't access 02 account as O2 have incorrect email address. 

3 seperate phone calls to O2. 

Over 5 hours in total. Staff were horrendous, condescending, got a bit irate when I said I didn't have another email address I could give them.  Implied problems my fault. I didn't give email address to them, that came from Virgin. Plus I also have 3 billing account numbers, 2 direct debits set up for one sim card. Absolute shambles.

Allegedly sent an email to department to change email address. Could take 5-10 days or more.

Then discovered house phone didn't work. Read instructions should have had adapter for back of router to plug phone in. So rang Customer Service, who asked what is a "landline".

Do customer service not know what Virgin media offer their customers. After 2 hours eventually said they would send a lead. No confirmation of order nothing on app. 

Contacted CS on WhatsApp, eventually they did order the adapter, but still got to wait up to a week. 

This is not great service when hubby designated as vulnerable due to disabilities. 

Found this last few days frustrating. Wasting a lot of time.e talking to people who did not seem to be able to rectify problems. 

We left sky due to Internet connection issues. One positive for Sky, their customer service a lot better and you could speak to real people who knew about the products.

How do People cope with the bad customer service?

8 REPLIES 8

PimmsOClock
Tuning in

Within the next day or so, you will get a reply on here from a member of the forum team, and they will invite you into a personal message (PM or DM), to get further information. Their post will include sentences like ‘I’m sorry to hear…’, ‘this is not the level of service….’.

Unfortunately, the truth is that this is exactly the level of service they expect to provide, VM’s senior management have spent a considerable amount of time and resources in getting it to this state. By design! And if you think I’m wrong, please browse these forums and find that this exact issue has been reported on here for years, along with the same platitude response. So ‘if this is not the level of service we expect to provide’, how comes this has been the case for, literally years? Why haven’t they done anything? Or maybe, this really is the level of service they want to provide, because it is cheap and hence can boost the pay of senior management!

Customer service? Yes VM have vaguely heard of t!

Cardiffman282
Super solver

Pimms knows their stuff. 

I'd just add that you have a 14 day cooling off period otherwise you are stuck with this level of customer service for 18 long months. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

roy247
Superstar

@Sub wrote:

Then discovered house phone didn't work. Read instructions should have had adapter for back of router to plug phone in. So rang Customer Service, who asked what is a "landline".

Do customer service not know what Virgin media offer their customers. After 2 hours eventually said they would send a lead. No confirmation of order nothing on app. 

Contacted CS on WhatsApp, eventually they did order the adapter, but still got to wait up to a week. 

This is not great service when hubby designated as vulnerable due to disabilities. 

If you need a landline for telecare services then you need to call Virgin and discuss your options in case of a broadband failure.

Sabrina_B
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Sub 👋.

Thanks for reaching out to us and welcome to the Community Forums, apologies for the experience you have had with our contact team, I assure you this is not the type of service we aim to provide. So that we can assist you for any unanswered questions as well as reporting any agent feedback, we would need to bring you in for a priavte message. Please look out for the envelope on the top right of your web browser or if you are using a mobile device, it will be located under your profile icon.

Thanks.

Sabrina

PimmsOClock
Tuning in

"I assure you this is not the type of service we aim to provide"

BINGO!

However did you forecast that one Pimms?

It's not just the bashing out of the same old tired template though. That first line manages to include a total of three run-on sentences. 

I'm not a Very Insightful Person (just a little bit, sometimes). I don't work for Virgin Media (but then nor do any of the offshore customer service agents).

We did discuss it. Agreed we needed landline. Just the engineer didn't leave adapter to use our phone. Now had one posted out. So landline working. 

Hi Sub,

If you do use telecare services you need more than an adapter to connect your phone to the hub, you possibly still need your old style landline connection in case the broadband goes down so if you have any telecare pendants etc they still work.