cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Cancelling the O2 part of Volt

notdodgy
Up to speed

My O2 account shows as end of contract.

What happens to my Virgin services if I cancel the O2 sim / account?

Apparently I am one of the lucky few who has the wifi pods. 
I assume these would be returned.
The bill just refers to Mega Volt Bundle and Volt Gig1 broadband.  (In the past it showed 500M doubled).

Any one done this or can advise?

The O2 service isn't very good in my area and I have to use a second sim. 
The O2 number often shows as using back up calling, in what they say is a good coverage area.  It may be good coverage but there is very poor network capacity. 
You can see the masts yet get speeds measured in kbits/s or timed out.

2 REPLIES 2

unisoft
Well-informed

@notdodgy wrote:

My O2 account shows as end of contract.

What happens to my Virgin services if I cancel the O2 sim / account?

Apparently I am one of the lucky few who has the wifi pods. 
I assume these would be returned.
The bill just refers to Mega Volt Bundle and Volt Gig1 broadband.  (In the past it showed 500M doubled).

Any one done this or can advise?

The O2 service isn't very good in my area and I have to use a second sim. 
The O2 number often shows as using back up calling, in what they say is a good coverage area.  It may be good coverage but there is very poor network capacity. 
You can see the masts yet get speeds measured in kbits/s or timed out.

You keep the benefits until you try and change your package. Then it changes. You may also incur an ETC (early termination charge) if you are in contract with O2 still. Text INFO to 85075 and it will tell you the charges left.

VM staff will say you loose benefits but the T&C's spell it out saying you keep them (unless these have suddenly changed). I've left VM after being long term customer, and I still have my benefits on the O2 side, though I am giving that the boot in a couple of weeks as 1pmobile much better and uses EE but much cheaper than EE for voLTE/WiFi calling/Uncapped data speeds and full frequency use on 4G and 5G. The difference has been amazing....

Thanks for replying. 
I have managed to  arrange to end my Virgin Service and have also moved away from O2.

Virgin form a technical / engineering point of view have been great. 
The sales/renewal process, the challenges in getting through to customer service and the recent change to RPI+3.9% increases are not great.
If you can get through to a person it's great.

I already had a second SIM installed with SMARTY - the O2 service is so poor, even in good coverage areas, that a second SIM was essential.
In the past I signed up to service alerts and one local mast went faulty every week, 4 days later it would be fixed to go down again 2 days later.

My O2 number was ported within 24 hours to my Smarty SIM and it just works.