cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

When will upgrade TV stations be available

Lewlew
Up to speed

I did a change/upgrade to my package on the phone today. Lovely bloke. But when I tried to see if eg, Sky Sports Cricket was on 511, it was still grayed out.  So he suggested I reset (power off/on) my router (not my TV box). OK, so I did and DOH? I disconnected myself from him as I was on the landline which is plugged into it.  He did not ring me back, though he had my mobile. Still, he did a good job with explaining the options and prices when I said I was not happy with the way things were being charged for following my bill rocketing up after my contract had ended.  I was rather specific about what I wanted and he was very helpful. Especially as I now have vision issues. 🤞

He said I should have had my new added stations right away... but... really, what is the timeframe for seeing them? Was he able to actually do something from his end that quickly? After I lost the phone connection, I rebooted Virgin V6 box as well. Didn't work.  I am also getting a new router Saturday as I went for the giga bb upgrade, but he said that does not affect my getting the channels.

Any idea when the channels will show or is there a glitch to be investigated?  Also would like to see if he can be thanked for being helpful. The landline unplug was just a blip in an otherwise good experience (finally!!!) from a VM phone team member, (once I got past the crazy memorable word hell... that was more than 10 years ago! ) 🤣

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Live TV doesn't use the internet, so rebooting your router won't be having any effect. If you're adding or removing channels via the phone, changes are normally immediate.

On a TiVo or V6, you can re-synch your box's EPG with your account by following Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels. Recheck perhaps 30minutes later, and if the channels are still missing, the error is on your account.

Also be aware Sky Sports is only SD as standard, in EPG positions 511-520. EPG 501-510 are the HD versions which are an additional £7/month.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Live TV doesn't use the internet, so rebooting your router won't be having any effect. If you're adding or removing channels via the phone, changes are normally immediate.

On a TiVo or V6, you can re-synch your box's EPG with your account by following Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels. Recheck perhaps 30minutes later, and if the channels are still missing, the error is on your account.

Also be aware Sky Sports is only SD as standard, in EPG positions 511-520. EPG 501-510 are the HD versions which are an additional £7/month.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks, japitts,  for your reply. Much appreciated. I don't know why he wanted me to do that with the router. Didn't make sense to me either.  I will do the refresh thing, but it takes 15 mins so I will try it later this evening. Very helpful. Cheers for that.👍

I did get the added Sky Sports HD pack in my upgrade in my order as below. The actual contract date I was told would be 1st July and that's in the emailed pdf, but was told that the changes would be immediate. Not overly fussed as long as they appear by the 1st. Just thought husband might get a chance to 'enjoy' the cricket. 😎

Your new package now includes:
TV: Sky Sports and Cinema Collection - Netflix Standard - Sky Sports HD Pack
Broadband: Volt Gig1 Fibre Broadband

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Lewlew 

You mentioned that you will also be receiving a new hub on Saturday as part of a regrade to Gig1.  Normally any other changes won't take effect until you have received, plugged in and activated your new equipment.  So in your scenario I wouldn't expect the Sky Sports channels to appear until Saturday after you've set up your new hub.

There should be a new contract from VM detailing your changes which would be sent via email to your contact email address, and there should also be a copy of it when you sign into My Virgin Media.

You should also be able to check that your new hub has been ordered by signing in to My Virgin Media here: My VM.   Once you log in scroll down to Orders & Appointments then click on View your orders. You can also view this in the My VM app.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes, I have my contract. Not getting a new hub, don't need to to upgrade. And following japitts advice,  refreshing my channels did the trick... the SKY sports package is there, HD and all.  I am getting a new router so I can have the Volt Gig1 Fibre Broadband. 

Thanks for the reply, newapollo... I might have edited my last reply when you were posting. I always find help in the forums thank goodness!  😍