cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box in reboot loop

groovysheep
Joining in

I have the same issue, spoke to Live Chat on Wed (eventually, took 2+ hours) who booked engineer to attend today between 12-4. In the meantime advised to unplug the box. 

Sat in all day today and no one appeared. Called telephone line and was advised that there had been a fault in my area and when this happens all the engineer visits are cancelled. Was advised they called and left a voicemail - which I advised I did not receive. I've been offered the next available appointment which isn't until next Thursday so over a week without TV in my bedroom (we rarely use the living room box). I expressed my frustration at this especially since I was warned that I would incur £25 charge if I wasn't in when they called and instead the opposite has occured. I've already been offered a measley £5 credit for TV box being out of action Wed to Fri. 

By the sounds of things I just need a new box (similar happened year ago when the original TiVo box died) 

Whilst I wait this second appointment and hope they do show up, could I move my living room box into the bedroom to allow me to watch TV? 

Any assistance from the forum team would be appreciated 

2 REPLIES 2

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

For a V6 stuck in a reboot loop, try the following - it's worked for some users and given the alternative is a replacement box, you have nothing to lose.

Try turning off the V6 at switch; then on the box hold down both the power button and the +button at the same time. Then turn on the V6 again whilst keeping hold of those buttons for a further 30 seconds. The box should reboot, the power button should turn blue, and it should reset and boot up normally.

The credit you've been offered, depends on what the TV element of your package is worth, but for a residential loss-of-service for 2 working days on the base-Mixit tier, doesn't sound entirely unreasonable.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Kath_F
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi groovysheep, 

Thanks for taking the time to contact us via the Community. It's lovely having you on board with us in the Forums.

We're sorry to hear you've been having some issues with your V6 box. Whenever we book an engineer, if a network fault is then raised then we would need to cancel any existing visits until the fault is resolved. Most issues are then resolved when the area fault is resolved. On the rare occasion that something else is at fault, we can then re-book the engineer. I can only apologise that you didn't receive the notifications we sent to you.

It's worth giving the steps that japitts has given above as this may provide a solution for you. In terms of swapping the boxes, this can also be done. If you continue to have an issue then it would rule out the box itself being an issue too. 

Please keep us posted on how the engineer visit goes. 

Thanks, 

Kath_F
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs