cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 box down

Bryzza
Dialled in

Turned my tv on tonight at 10pm and was presented with a snow blizzard screen. Unable to access anything on V6 box. Remote no good. Checked my area status and it wasn't able to assist as apparently that was having also problems.

Tried again at midnight with same result... no assistance available ( try in 30 minutes, again)

Rechecked at 1.30am ( Friday am) still no tv picture or online status check.

Bloody brilliant. Didn't bother contacting the help number as the people don't or can't understand what you say.

Amazing bad telecommunications and entertainment company. Damn angry I was conned into signing a new contract.

I have tried everything except hitting the V6 box with a mallet. Will try that once I calm down.

Any assistance would be deeply appreciated.

4 REPLIES 4

Roger_Gooner
Alessandro Volta

Does status line 0800 5610061 give any info.

--
Hub 5, TP-Link TL-SG108S 8-port gigabit switch, 360
My Broadband Ping - Roger's VM hub 5 broadband connection

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I don't think a "snow blizzard" screen would be caused by an area fault, but there's always a first time. Have you tried an alternative HDMI lead to your TV, and also a different port? To rule that out.

When you rebooted, did you get the "Welcome" & "Starting up" screens?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I really haven't a clue what it refers to or how I would access it.

However, it would appear that my V6 box had been down for "maintenance" as was the system checker, as the following day everything was back to normal as far as I could see. The only issue being that on one of the TNT sports channels the picture does get very very dim.

No idea if they are/were connected but all in all it would appear as if the "glitch" had fixed itself overnight.

Sorry it has taken so long to reply but I had been away for a short while.

Regards       Bryan W

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Bryzza wrote:

Thanks for the info. Unfortunately I really haven't a clue what it refers to or how I would access it.

However, it would appear that my V6 box had been down for "maintenance" as was the system checker, as the following day everything was back to normal as far as I could see. The only issue being that on one of the TNT sports channels the picture does get very very dim.

No idea if they are/were connected but all in all it would appear as if the "glitch" had fixed itself overnight.

Sorry it has taken so long to reply but I had been away for a short while.

Regards       Bryan W

White noise on the screen is what the raw un-decoded signal output looks like. The most common cause is a faulty HDMI connection. This could be the lead or plugs. It could also be the box socket or the HDMI driver circuit. Normally black parts of the screen being a solid colour (red/green) can also be a symptom. Switching to another source, or taking the box in & out of standby can sometimes fix it.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks