cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

V6 Box switching itself off and on....

ExeterBertie
On our wavelength

Help...!!

Tonight, my V6 box has decided to switch itself off...then 'Starting up...' every five minutes!

Have looked at Settings/Network....and tried a reboot. Problem persists.

Obviously unacceptable.

Any suggestions?

8 REPLIES 8

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the V6 section, but referred to a TiVo. Same software but very different boxes - which do you have? Check at https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box if you're not sure.

The network connections screen won't help with identifying the cause of a reboot, which if it's doing repeatedly - is a reliable indicator of a fault. Is it stuck in the reboot cycle or does it complete, and then restart again?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Thanks for the reply.

It's a V6 'powered by TiVo'....It does reboot but only lasts a few minutes then switches off again. And repeats...

Completes...and repeats...!!

I've now noticed that even when I switch the box off (and the light goes to red), it continues to swich back on and commence 'Restart'.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Forum tip: You have a short time after posting to edit your post to avoid the need for multiple short replies.

Possibly an issue with your V6 PSU, but certainly a fault. Time to call into faults if I were you, might be looking at next week for the staff team to respond on here.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

ExeterBertie
On our wavelength

I'll call in the morning. Things seem to be getting worse...it is now a continual reboot. Have switched the box off for the night.

Thanks...

SpacePhoenix
Fibre optic

Does the box have plenty of air around it for ventilation? Does either the box or it's power brick feel excessively hot?

Hi @ExeterBertie 

Thanks for posting and welcome back to the community. Apologies for the issue with the V6 rebooting itself. I can see from checking, that you have since had an engineer visit who swapped the box. I hope everything is now fixed but let us know if you need further help.

John_GS
Forum Team

Need a helpful hand to show you how to make a payment? Check out our guide - How to pay my Virgin Media bill