cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

To be announced

Keith_Roberts
Tuning in

hi all, one of my 2 v6 boxes is constantly " showing  to be announced" on some maybe half a dozen channels" my other v6 "connected directly to my hub" is fine, I used some powerline adaptors to directly connect to my hub, but it made no difference. I think my v6 box is starting to fail, anyone else had similar problems? 

In the attached photo, you can see that the channels are BBC, but I get the same on some Ch4 and Ch5 channels

1000029603.jpg

Thanks in advance for any replies.

Regards

Keith Roberts

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Two specifics to check here..

1: Does the box have a stable internet connection - using OnDemand or a streaming service is a good test of this.

2: Are the regular EPG-calls-home working reliably? Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network. Check the LHS for regular successes or failures.

It may be worth swapping your 2 x V6 around to check if the symptoms follow the box, or the cause remains with the network connection.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Keith_Roberts,

Thanks for posting and sorry to see you've been having some issues with the EPG.

Have you been able to follow the advice from japitts?

Let us know if you're still having issues.

Alex_Rm

I will try and swap the boxes if i can, it will not be easy as i am nearly 72 and disabled, I have netflix and amazon prime working over the wifi, they are both stable. As I said, I used some powerline adaptors to directly connect to my hub, but it made no difference. This was yesteday early evening.
20240505_182932.jpg

Keith_Roberts
Tuning in

I will have to try swapping the boxes but it wont be easy for me, don't get old mate.

Hey @Keith_Roberts,

If this is not something you are able to do, you do not need to do this, we would be able to look at alternative checks we can run with you.

Joe