cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Tivo remote control issues and a resolve.

Damage1_1
On our wavelength

Firstly, I hope this is the correct board to post this?

My tivo remote control started to double click making it very awkward to locate the channel or program I wanted so I just assumed it was failing battery situation. Well, these were promptly replaced and sure enough the double click situation was cured... However.. I now found I had no mute / volume yet everything else was working fine (the green light on the remote worked in time with pressing the mute & volume buttons suggesting the remote was working OK). I tried remove remote control and repair it.. Nope. I tried a full remote reset and repair.. Nope. I disconnected the tivo box from the power supply and removed the remote control batteries and left for a good 10min also pressing power buttons prior to reconnecting to clear any residual power in both units. Still no mute or volume.

The cure was to download the TV codes and literally try each one until I found the code that worked for my Samsung TV. It was a lengthy process but it did work. I have no idea why the code dropped out of the remote control memory. I've written the code on a stick pad and put it on the tivo box... Just in case 👍.

Hope this helps other frustrated tivo owners

2 REPLIES 2

Tom_W1
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi @Damage1_1 thanks for your post here in the Community, although we're sorry to hear of the concerns you've raised here.

We're do appreciate this would have been frustrating to figure out and put right, but we do hope your feedback helps others - it's greatly appreciated.

Many thanks

Tom_W

We have a Hitachi TV and no amount of pairing using codes or black magic will allow us to use the TiVo remote to change the volume. Any idea why this is?