cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Sound synch problems again

hansi
Fibre optic

Still having sound synch problems with my V6 box. Every so often, I have to reboot it and then it's ok. But it's a pain to have to do it all the time. I've followed all the suggestions given and changed the HDMI lead and input, but it doesn't make any difference.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

SanderC
Superfast

I had sound sync problems, however it only appears on channels which only have a stereo output not dolby digital, I have set my sound output to dolby digital on my v6 box and set my soundbar to automatic, it solved the problem. The issue has gone away, by the way there are sound issues on the 360 box, I think it is the way the audio signals are combined with the video.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

11 REPLIES 11

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey hansi, thank you for reaching out and I am sorry you are having sound issues.

Please can you let me know if you have devices connected such as Firestick or sound bars, if so can you unplug it and try the sound. 

Please do let me know. Thanks 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Thanks for replying. I don't have anything else connected to my TV.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @hansi 

Have you tried the following?

Help & Settings > Settings > Audio > Dolby Digital > and select the 'Dolby Digital to PCM' option.

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Yes, I have, and it makes no difference.

Do you get this sound issue on multiple channels or just one? When did the issue first begin? 

Thanks

Akua_A
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs

It happens on all channels. Can't actually say when it started because it is intermittent. I can go for weeks quite normally, and then when I switch on, the synch is wrong, and I have to re-boot the box when all is well again. Till the next time!  A VM engineer did fit a new HDMI cable some time back, but it didn't make much difference. Very frustrating!

Hi Hansi,

Thanks for coming back to us about your TV sound issues, I am sorry if it's been causing some frustration for you.

I understand it's occurring on your V6 box, you've already tried changing the sound settings, you haven't got any other equipment connected to your TV and your HDMI cable has been changed in the recent past - All have had little to no change on the issue.

I have checked your V6 power levels on my side, these are all in spec which is good.

I can see that you've not rebooted your Hub in nearly a month which could be causing the sound issues on your V6 box as both devices work hand in hand. Could you please reboot your Hub and your Box so both devices can sync their data, let me know once you've done this and if the sound issues are still apparent.

Thanks,

Megan_L

Thanks for that. I have re-booted both the router and V6 Box. As this problem is intermittent, I won't be able to let you know until it happens again, if it does happen again, if you know what I mean!

Well here we go again. Continually having to reboot the V6 box to get it back to normal sync. Driving me nuts!