cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Screen goes black after watching UHD

shammel1979
Tuning in

Hi,

I just got a new LG TV, watching normal HD channels works absolutely fine until you switch to a UHD channel.  The UHD channel works absolutely fine while watching it, but when I try to switch back to a normal HD or any channel the screen goes black with no sound, you can’t access any menus or anything.  If I put the channel number of the UHD channel in, then the pictures come back so it seems like it is not switching back to 1080p or something.  Only way to fix this is power off the V6 box and then the channels work again.  This doesn’t happen when watching 4k on Netflix, etc then switching back so doesn’t seem TV related.

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It might be due to your V6 video settings.

Press Home  > Help & Settings >  Settings > Video Output > Video Output Format

Either go to Auto detect to run a test of your TV’s display options. It will then ask you to confirm the new display selection  or choose Test Formats to run a quick test on the Virgin TV V6 box and follow the onscreen guides

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

It might be due to your V6 video settings.

Press Home  > Help & Settings >  Settings > Video Output > Video Output Format

Either go to Auto detect to run a test of your TV’s display options. It will then ask you to confirm the new display selection  or choose Test Formats to run a quick test on the Virgin TV V6 box and follow the onscreen guides

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

shammel1979
Tuning in

Resolved.  I had 1080p & 2160p selected, auto detect only told me use 2160p and it now works, but I guess that means it’s upscaling all HD to 4K.  Strange as this setup worked on my old TV.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

With 2160 selected as the only option, your V6 will do all the upscaling regardless of source material. Under your previous setup, 1080 content may have been upscaled to 2160 by your TV - depending on the pass-through selection.

Different equipment will do different bits better.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi @shammel1979 

Thank you for the updated - we're glad it's resolved.

If you need any further help, don't hesitate to reach out. 

Ayisha_B
Forum Team

New around here? Check out the do's and don'ts, in our Community FAQs