cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Problems

heartsfan
Tuning in

For the past few months my V6 box has been dodgy when watching recordings. Recorded programmes would freeze and stutter for up to 5 mins. Fast forwarding or rewinding would work sometimes but other times would just have to delete the recording. I knew that the HDD was on it's way out but still had a lot of recordings to watch so persevered with it.

Woke up this morning to a red light and stuck on the welcome screen. Tried rebooting 5 times and always stuck on the same screen. Then the box started rebooting constantly for 30 mins and then got the dreaded "the DVR has detected a serious problem and is trying to fix it; do not switch off for 3 hours” Green Screen of Death.

Is the box completely knackered now?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

The green "DVR has detected an error" screen means hard drive failure. Very occasionally it can recover and then fail subsequently.

@heartsfan wrote:

I knew that the HDD was on it's way out 

You were right, it's just taken one significant step to being out - the sooner your box is replaced, the better.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey heartsfan, thank you for reaching out and I am so sorry to hear about this.

I am going to send you a PM so we can look into this for you.

Please look out for it.

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

Matthew_ML
Forum Team
Forum Team

Glad we've managed to get the ball rolling on this. 

Matt - Forum Team

New around here?

heartsfan
Tuning in

This morning an Engineer came out (Thanks to Matt for organizing this) and replaced the box. All working great now.