cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on YouTube

Taffe55
Joining in

I have no sound on YouTube app. I have reset my v6 box, I have reset my YouTube app but still have no sound. The volume is turned up. If I connect via my phone app to my tv it works no problem. Can anyone help?

3 REPLIES 3

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

I'm not really sure what is proven by connecting your phone to your TV - different devices completely.

What's of more interest is whether other sound outputs from your V6 are working OK - live TV? Recordings? Other apps such as iPlayer?

What do you mean by "reset my YouTube app"?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, no other apps have this sound issue only YouTube. 
when I say I’ve reset that YouTube app, I mean when on the YouTube channel from v6, I go into settings and scroll down to reset app and tried that. But nothing I have done at present has put the sound back.

HiTaffe55,

Thank you for reaching back out to us and for checking the above, I was able to locate you on our system with the details we have for you and can see some potential issues with the TV box, please can you reboot both the Router and V6, unplug from the power for 2 to 3 minutes, can you also check all your internal cables are hand tight, once done try again.

Regards

Paul.