cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No sound on ITV chanels

Trev04
Joining in

I just purchased a new TCL 50" QLED TV today and upon connecting to my V6 box I find that I have no sound on all ITV channels. If I turn the V6 box off and on the problem persists, however if I turn the TV off and on the sound is restored until I change channels back and forth from one channel to an ITV channel. The same thing occurs with recorded shows; no sound on an ITV program unless I turn the TV on and off. I have changed the hdmi cables and it does not fix the issue and all 4k shows on netflix and YouTube play without issue. Is this a problem with the v6 box or more likely with the new TCL TV?

15 REPLIES 15

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

ITV are unique in not having Dolby sound but only stereo (check by pressing "info" on an ITV channel and scrolling down).

In the first instance, try altering the output setting under Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Audio. Does this make any difference?

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi, thanks for reaching out. I think I tried that yesterday (I'll have another look shortly) but when I changed the settings from what I had with my previous TV (toshiba) I lost sound on all channels.  The new TV states it has dolby atmos. I wonder if some of the TV sound settings out of the box are  conflicting with the V6. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

@Trev04 wrote:

That should have said conflicting,  not flirting lol.

You have a short time after posting to edit posts - choose the drop-down arrow in the top-right of your post and select "edit"

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

The V6 is set to output "Dolby Digital". If I change the setting to "Dolby Digital to PCM" I lose sound on all channels. 

danb1989
Tuning in

I am having the exact same issue... recently brought the same tv and having itv issues with sound. Have you been able to fix it?

danb1989
Tuning in

I have managed to temp fix it until ITV decide to use Dolby...go onto the V6 settings and change the audio from 'follow content' to 'PCM 2.0' that way ITV has sound. 

Hi there @Trev04 

Thank you so much for your post and welcome to the community forums, it's great to have you here. 

I am so sorry to hear that you are facing this issue and a big thank you to both japitts and danb1989 for their help so far. Have you been able to try the advise given in the last post? 

Hi there. I've gone into settings and it appears my V6 box does not have a"follow content" area. I can only select Dolby Digital or Dolby Digital to PCM. When I change from "Dolby Digital" to "Dolby Digital to PCM" I lose sound on all channels.  Very frustrating.