cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

No TV programme listings- Tivo or V6??

jonmc58
On our wavelength

Hello there,

After many years with the  tv programs appearing  with the tv channel listings when I switch from channel to channel., that no longer happens. I can't see any way to get them listed again - Any thoughts anyone??

Also I can't determine just which tv box I have, the contract says TiVo but our old one was replaced some time after the contract was agreed. The new much smaller box appeared without any paperwork just new smaller box and a new remote , a smaller version of the old one it appears. 

Best Regards

Jon

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jonmc58,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for any issues you're having with your Tv box. 

Which channels are the programs now showing on?

^Martin

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

4 REPLIES 4

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi Jon

The following page should help you determine which TV set top box you have.  The Main 360 and V6 look alike however the 360 has a remote control with a voice button.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks

The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Martin_N
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hi jonmc58,

Thank you for your post. I'm very sorry for any issues you're having with your Tv box. 

Which channels are the programs now showing on?

^Martin

jonmc58
On our wavelength

Hello there Martin _N,

Two things appear to be now sorted. Firstly, I have a V6 box and hence this post is in the wrong place - apologies for that. Secondly, I have now managed to connect the box via wifi  but still don't get tv programs listed  when a channel is first opened up. Maybe I need to re boot the box again as it just copied all our shows and opened up catch up etc and then just went into a tv programs  with out any completion notice.

I'll try that in the morning. .

As our old tivo box had never been connected to the net I didn't appreciate that the new one did need that connection.

Best Regards

Jon

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Now that we know you have a V6, let's work from the base up. Forget endless reboots for now, let's be methodical. The EPG (TV Guide) updates via the internet, so does your V6 have a working internet connection. This is best tested by using OnDemand or any streaming service. Does this work? If not - there's your issue. If yes, move on...

Follow Home > Help & Settings > Settings > Network, and check for a successful "call home" on the LHS - this should be roughly every 6 hours. Do you see this, or are there any failures mentioned? What is the wireless signal strength in the top-right?

As an aside, the legacy TiVo boxes had their own dedicated internet connection inbuilt - the newer V6 don't, and rely on a link to your VM home-hub for onwards 'net connectivity. Ideally this is via hardwired Ethernet cable, to avoid the additional variables with a wireless link.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks