Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

New virgin v6 box installed

Andrew1952
Tuning in

Hi

I had 2 new boxes fitted yesterday.

The 1st is fine all loaded up OK all channels including Sport and Movies installed.

2nd box took an age for engineer to load up. 3/4 times it failed to go through set up process. Eventually most channels arrived but not Sport Sky TNT or Movies and catch up etc not working.

Engineer left saying all would load up in next 24 hours but only catch up etc started working,  still no Sky sports/Movies or TNT .help desk when contacted said all ok at their end and to wait 24hrs that's now 28 hours ago.

How do I get these missing channels

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you refer to having new boxes fitted, were these additional boxes on an existing account? Or a fresh install?

I ask because you've posted in the V6 section of the forum, and new customers have had TV360 since several years. Only installs prior to then, can retain V6.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

6 REPLIES 6

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

When you refer to having new boxes fitted, were these additional boxes on an existing account? Or a fresh install?

I ask because you've posted in the V6 section of the forum, and new customers have had TV360 since several years. Only installs prior to then, can retain V6.

https://www.virginmedia.com/care/tv-fault/which-tv-box 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Hi 

Thank you for you reply sorry for confusion.  I am an existing customer and looking at the pictures on the link I had a Virgin TV TiVo box & this was replaced with a new Virgin TV V6 box  i also had a second Virgin TV V6 box added (as well as a new hub). The new box in original location is  perfect. Other box missing channels,was originally also missing catch up/on demand but that is now working.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

No problem - it's just a prime example of why you can easily post too little info for others to help, but almost impossible to post too much...

On a TiVo/V6, there's an option to re-synch your EPG with the channels in your package. Follow Home > Help & Settings > Help > TV Care > I'm missing some channels. The on-screen instructions cover the whole process, but if this fails to rectify anything that's missing, you can safely conclude the issue is with your account. It's usually resolved by VM adding the correct pack & channel codes against your new boxes, and shouldn't need you to restart.

Hi Many thanks for you reply. I will try your re sync answer shortly. As 1of the new boxes is fine does this mean that each box get its own individual pack and codes allocated to it when it's set up?

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Yes, each box has its own set of codes against the serial number. A multi-room setup should replicate the single package against every box, but sometimes this can go awry.

Andrew1952
Tuning in

I'm grateful for your assistance, you were 100% correct the 2nd box hadn't had the extra channels added. Quick call and reboot and there they were.

Many thanks