cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can't play recorings

RedDevilDixie
Tuning in

I have recordings in the adult section  and although the episodes show in a block, when I click the block no individual eps appear and I get the message ' no new recordings available on Virgin Media's. All standard recordings play. What's going on?

4 REPLIES 4

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

What do you mean by "show in a block"? Are you referring to a series folder?

Can you post a picture of the "no new recordings available" error? I'm wondering if you have VoD shortcuts rather than recordings.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Exactly that. I have episodes of two series. Each series shows it's title and the number of episodes but when I choose it, the list of episodes doesn't open. It just shows  a message ' no new episodes available yet'

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

That sounds suspiciously like VoD shortcuts rather than recordings. You've either created shortcuts in the past, and they've not deleted cleanly - or more likely have series links that are set to include streaming videos.

Check at the bottom of your My Shows for the "not currently available" folder, which can sometimes include greyed-out shortcuts.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

nodrogd
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Another point to note. You can only record if you subscribe by month to the linear channels. If you use the nightly PPV service these won’t record.

VM 350BB 2xV6 & Landline. Freeview/Freesat HD, ASDA/Tesco PAYG Mobile. Cable customer since 1993