cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Being asked to subscribe to uk tv play to watch

Confused17
Tuning in

I watch Uk tv play regularly  when i tried last night and today to watch a programme from Catch up I was asked to subscribe to watch. It is already part of my subscription  and working ok on one of my other boxes. Have tried switching off at socket and switching back on  .Any help appreciated 

19 REPLIES 19

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Confused17 

Which program is it so we can try and replicate the error?

Dave
I don't work for Virgin Media.
I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge.
Problem solved? Click to mark as a Helpful Answer, or use Kudos to say thanks
The do's and don'ts.
Keep the community welcoming for all. Please read the FAQ's
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

Davidlw
Just joined

Same problem now required to subscribe in order to watch via catchup/on demand. Show in question is Masterchef Australia series 13 Episode 5 onwards.

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Davidlw 

On my 360 I can watch Masterchef Australia series 13 Episode 5 onwards via Catch Up by selecting either WHD, W, W+1 and the UKTV Play.  The UKTV Play option has 85 seconds of adverts before the program plays, however the other options play without many leading adverts

I can also access and play those episodes via Box Sets and selecting the W icon. 

Dave
The do's and don'ts.
The Service you do for others is the rent you pay for your room here on Earth - Muhammad Ali

It is Casualty series 33 episode episode 42. Thank you

newapollo
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Hi @Confused17 

On my 360, Casualty series 33 only goes up to episode 28 when clicking on UKTV Play

It does however play OK when clicking on Drama channel under the Catch Up section.

Dave
The do's and don'ts.

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

Can you also try the fixes suggested in the thread linked below, I suspect the underlying issue is similar

https://community.virginmedia.com/t5/Virgin-TV-V6/Should-the-Sky-Cinema-Collection-also-include-Sky-... 

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Hi Confused17 👋 welcome back to the community forum! Thank you for posting. 

Sorry to hear about these issues, if you could just confirm a few extra bits of information this well help us isolate where the problem may be;

-Is the issue happening with any other titles for UK TV play?

-Is the issue happening on any other channels or services?

-Were you able to try any of the fixes in the thread provided above by @japitts?

Please let us know about this, and if the issue is still ongoing so we can continue to offer support! Thank you 🌞

Molly

karon1
Tuning in

We are also having this problem. Trying to watch CSI Vegas on UK TV and it tells me I need to subscribe. Have been watching this fine up to now.

We have this problem and also 5 on demand services too.