cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

1GB upgrade questions

Marmo
Joining in

Hello there,

A couple quick questions, we have just upgraded from M250 to 1GB broadband via the Virgin website  (I understand the actual switchover can take around a week or so), there hasn't been any mentioned up needing a new hub to handle the new speed when we placed the order or via the confirmation email, will this happen when its actually been activated? We currently have a hub 3.0.

Secondly, would it be better to have a new TV box for the same reason? We currently have a V6 which is 3+ years old.

Many thanks,

Andy

5 REPLIES 5

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

You've posted in the TV section of the forum, so I'll answer with a TV hat on. Others in the broadband section of the board know more about that side.

Do you have any problems with your V6? In other words.. if it ain't broke, why fix it? The only "newer" box is the TV360, which runs on the exact same hardware as the V6 - just with a very different software platform. Very different, much like Apple is very different to Android.

Newer does not always mean better.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

roy247
Superstar

The hub 3 usually gets swapped for a hub 4 or 5.

This link might help.

It would just be sent out to you to swap over yourself and the hub 3 deactivated after a few days even if you don't swap the hub as a neighbour found out and just thought his broadband had gone down. 😬

Marmo
Joining in

OK thank you, my concern was that the V6 could only handle a certain download speed and the 360 would give me a better streaming picture quality. 

japitts
Very Insightful Person
Very Insightful Person

V6 (TiVo software) & TV360 (Horizon software) have identical connectivity.

It's the user interface and functionality that differs substantially. There's plenty of past threads discussing that, the forum search function should find them.

I'm a Very Insightful Person, I'm here to share knowledge, I don't work for Virgin Media. Learn more

Have I helped? Click Mark as Helpful Answer or use Kudos to say thanks

Marmo
Joining in

OK, thanks for your help.