cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

lights on 360 box not working

alancole
Tuning in

newly installed 360 box all info lights working,hour later when in standby red light went out,rang vm and was told i shall send info to box,after that all light stopped working and was told oh well i don't really know still you get all channels still and that was it conversation with vm ended,that evening phoned again to report it and was told not a problem you still get all channels,i then explained new installation was working but not now,i have 14 day cancellation option which if i don't get the service i shall use,sent message to 360 box all lights working,next morning after standby all lights not working ,i give up no help from vm

1 ACCEPTED SOLUTION

Accepted Solutions

roy247
Community elder

Hi alancole,

If the light only goes off when the 360 is in standby it could be because the box is in Eco start mode, try setting it to fast start or active start if this is the case.

On your 360 box go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.

Fast start - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient it uses minimal power but takes a while to start.

If you have no light when the box is in use I assume the first bit of advice was to turn the box off and then back on again with the switch on the back of the box or plug, if that hasn't worked then you could try a factory reset using the keep recordings option. 

To factory reset go to Settings > System > Factory Reset.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links
you've set up, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match
frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

See where this Helpful Answer was posted

9 REPLIES 9

roy247
Community elder

Hi alancole,

If the light only goes off when the 360 is in standby it could be because the box is in Eco start mode, try setting it to fast start or active start if this is the case.

On your 360 box go to Settings > System > Standby power consumption. You have 3 choices.

Fast start - the 360 starts quickly but is less energy efficient
Active start - more energy efficient than fast start but the box takes a little longer to start up
Eco start - the most energy efficient it uses minimal power but takes a while to start.

If you have no light when the box is in use I assume the first bit of advice was to turn the box off and then back on again with the switch on the back of the box or plug, if that hasn't worked then you could try a factory reset using the keep recordings option. 

To factory reset go to Settings > System > Factory Reset.

It's only a partial system reset and not a complete factory reset. You are given 2 options,

Keep Recordings
Format Disk

Choose Keep Recordings, that means you won't lose your recordings and any planned recordings or series links
you've set up, you will have to sign into your apps such as iPlayer, Prime, Netflix and ITVX again, also Match
frame rate and Standby power consumption will go back to their default settings if you have changed them.

ozsat
Superstar

That is normal.

White is the 360 is on - Red is the 360 is in standby but doing something like a recording.

No light and it has gone into a deep sleep until it is taken out of standby or starts a recording.

@alancole wrote:

newly installed 360 box all info lights working,hour later when in standby red light went out,rang vm and was told i shall send info to box,after that all light stopped working and was told oh well i don't really know still you get all channels still and that was it conversation with vm ended,that evening phoned again to report it and was told not a problem you still get all channels,i then explained new installation was working but not now,i have 14 day cancellation option which if i don't get the service i shall use,sent message to 360 box all lights working,next morning after standby all lights not working ,i give up no help from vm

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

roy247
Community elder

@ozsat wrote:

That is normal.

White is the 360 is on - Red is the 360 is in standby but doing something like a recording.

No light and it has gone into a deep sleep until it is taken out of standby or starts a recording.

You mean normal if set to Eco start.

Yes - which I think is the default.

@roy247 wrote:

@ozsat wrote:

That is normal.

You mean normal if set to Eco start.

==================================
1.2Gb/100Mb in Oxford (area 31) using SH5

roy247
Community elder

Can't remember what the default was but if it is Eco it shouldn't be if you want to use the TVGO app to set recordings. 🙂

thanks but there is no lights at all,the box is in fast start up,but no lights when its on or off

thanks but there is no lights at all,the box is in fast start up,but no lights when its on or off

If the factory reset hasn't worked hopefully one of the forum team will pick this up but that might take 2 to 3 days. 🤞

alancole
Tuning in

All fixed now vm replaced the new box with another new box,all lights work so it turns out it was a faulty box