Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Where do I start? TV360 errors and issues

Faerie1
Dialled in

Not sure if this is in the right board…

I have 2 V6 boxes upgraded to 360 - biggest mistake ever

Every night I have different issues and different problems, I have 2 V6 boxes upgraded to 360

I try to go in and watch something we had recorded …. Not working …different error messages…errors with the Home Screen, says no recordings, go out and back in, sometimes they are there, sometimes they’ll play, other times they say there is an error won’t, or you click Recordings (it only shows you a few) so you click View All….and it says there are no recordings at all?? And that’s recordings I know are on that box, not the one upstairs (home alone, watching TV with everything wifi related turned off and it says too many streaming devices??) , new message tonight….’living room is offline or not connecting.  Turn it onto watch your recordings’ it’s not off though? It’s on and says it’s recording!

now, when I can finally watch something, when finished. it asks if I want it deleted, I say yes, it says deleted, I go into the planner and it’s still there!  I go back in a few mins later try and delete it via the planner and it says it’s playing on another box? Am home alone, it’s not playing in 2 boxes, need to wait a few hours go into it and delete it from the individual program, can’t click on the bin on the front page, sometimes the switch the box off and on helps, shouldn’t have to do that to delete programs though, should I?

also, nearly every night now, around 8pm, I get the up and down arrow flashing in the downstairs box but not on the upstairs box and not on the hub? Don’t seem to lose wifi, well I don’t get those flashing errors but the box freezes for a few minutes?

i was having issues a few weeks ago, I had to reset my boxes to watch them every day due to buffering and bandwidth…Gareth was really helpful and send out two pods…thats not as bad anymore but still need to turn the boxes off at least once a week to get them to work, as well as everything that’s going wrong… the Virgin app doesn’t work though, says I don’t have a hub… so I can’t check my wifi signal but, the other night, when I couldn’t watch Netflix or Amazon on either box, I plugged in a firestick, both streaming services worked fine( sure how else I can test it??) so, is it the boxes? Do I need new boxes …. or a new service provider?

A couple weeks ago, I got a message on both boxes, software upgraded, seems even worse now (had to turn upstairs box off twice for it to do anything??) 

service status always says no issues (when you can get that to work as well!) tonight, again, it’s says they can’t check? 

anyway, am getting very sick of Virgin, WORST upgrade ever!!

apologies for the rant, there are soo many issues with the setup now, I don’t actually know where to start anymore!! I’m ready for cancelling (been a customer for many, many years (with all the different company name changes) for the money I’m paying, it should be a fully working service not a working sometimes maybe service…

19 REPLIES 19

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Hey Faerie1,

Welcome to the community and thanks for taking the time to post here on the forums.
I’m sorry to hear of the issues that you’re having with your TV boxes at the moment, this is far from the service that we should be providing to you. 

I have looked into this and can see that there is an issue with the signal being sent to the TV box, we will need to get a technician visit arranged to get this resolved. 

I can arrange the appointment from here but would need to confirm a few details via a private message, that I will drop over in a moment. Please look out for the private message and we can get started.
Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Steven_L
Forum Team
Forum Team

Thanks for confirming your details via private message Faerie1.

I have arranged a technician appointment for you and it can be tracked via your online account. Please sign into My Virgin Media and you will see your appointments on your account dashboard. However, this can take up to 24 hours to be updated. You can also check your appointments via the 'My Virgin Media' app.

There will be no charge for this visit unless:
• The technician diagnoses the faults as not being caused by our network/equipment 
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to your equipment
• The technician discovers that the fault or problem relates to any system that we are not responsible for.
The technician will confirm during their visit if any of these instances apply, and if so, a £25 charge will be applied to your account.

Kind Regards,
Steven_L

Thanks Steven

ill check my online account for the appointment details 

Claire

Thank you @Faerie1 please do pop back to let us know how things are looking after the appointment. 

Hello

soo, the appointment…the engineer came out (I wasn’t home, hubby was) engineer said there was a problem, the box upstairs should be downstairs and the downstairs one needed replaced..he said one was a V6 box (a bit confusing since they were both V6 boxes, upgraded to 360) so he brought the upstairs box downstairs (still V6 upgraded box) and gave us a slimmer box uostairs, he also gave us a new Hub3

he also said I should have a pod on every floor in the house, he’s ordered me a 3rd.  Not arrived yet.  I plugged the one we had for the loft (not yet finished) downstairs so there is one in the same room as the hub and one upstairs on the landing

so, it all happened 3 days ago…on day 1, got errors a few times , day 2 was fine although was using the firestick, not the boxes…tonight, at just after 1am….my hub isn’t connecting to the internet, CS9994, had CS9993 the other night and others I get buffering, stuff still doesn’t delete when I click delete after watching …

finally got to use the Virgin connect app, says I have a great speed (just ran it), just a pity the box still says there’s a connection issue??

thanks for trying to help, I have NEVER had issues like this with Virgin, am getting really sick of this!

trying to watch something in the bedroom on demand and it says there isn’t enough bandwidth and again getting errors?

Thanks for the update Faerie1 and its disappointing to hear the visit wasn't successful and the changes made by the technician didn't fully resolve the issue. Have you received the third pod since your post? If so, have you tried it in the room with the box to see if it resolves the signal issues for that area? 

Rob

Hello

the 3rd pod hasn’t arrived yet, that’s now for the loft though?  Supposed to be arriving today
At the moment I have a pod in the living room and a pod in the bedroom where the 2nd box is

the wifi seems to have settled down a bit, just a pity we can’t watch recorded programmes as it still buffers/not enough bandwidth  etc

Thank you for letting us know @Faerie1 

Did the pod arrive after your last post? If so are you able to leave it plugged in and let us know how things are looking after a few days? 

Hello

it arrived yesterday (it’s for the loft which doesn’t have sockets yet) so plugged it in in hall

have one in living room across from stb (under hub) the new one at top of stairs and one right next to new box in bedroom

last night was watching tv and got 9994 error saying issue with hub…ran the connect app said hub and Wi-Fi were fine, great in fact

does this mean it’s a box issue?